Spencer Out?

P

pettyfan4life

Spencer out? hearing rumors that Jimmy Spencer will not return to the #41 Target Dodge/Ganassi Racing team, not sure if it is immediate or at the end of the season or at all. If released, the only rumored driver I have heard is Jimmy Vasser of CART but could be an opening for Bobby Hamilton to get in that Dodge program.(11-5-2002

I kinda dought it, but depends on the source....Where did you hear this??

The first person who makes a comment about a Krispy Kreme sponsored car will have to deal with me. :soldier:

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
The first person who makes a comment about a Krispy Kreme sponsored car will have to deal with me.  :soldier:

He!! TNW, I am a bonified member of the club and supply KK often:p :p

You gonna ban me?? I'll supply the KK this week, (sigh) again:D

I read this also. It was on Jayski. Don't know how much truth there is to the statement. If you look at performance. Sterling and Jamie are better than Jimmy. Don't know if it is driver, car or crew chief, though.

well what has he done for the race team this year?...his teammate was a contender for the championship and Spencer really didnt do anything at all this year.

i would assume that Ganassi is trying to make a strong 3 car operation over there....releasing Spencer and hiring a better driver will help improve that team. aka someone who doesnt run over people all the time.

i personally would like to see Bobby Hamilton in that car

just read this on jayski:

Spencer out? UPDATE at end of season: hearing rumors that Jimmy Spencer will not return to the #41 Target Dodge/Ganassi Racing team, not sure if it is immediate or at the end of the season or at all. If released, the only rumored driver I have heard is Jimmy Vasser of CART but could be an opening for Bobby Hamilton to get in that Dodge program.(11-5-2002)
UPDATE: Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates announced today that Jimmy Spencer, driver of the #41 Target Dodge, will be released from his contract at the end of the 2002 season. Spencer will continue his driving duties for the team for the remainder of the 2002 NASCAR Winston Cup season. "When we first made this deal, Jimmy and I agreed about what would happen if the results were not what either of us were happy with," owner Chip Ganassi said. "Obviously, both of us are not happy with the results. I feel bad we weren't able to get the most out of our relationship, but I'm sure I'll remain friends with Jimmy. We all know he's a colorful character that no one can help but enjoy being around. No one can deny Jimmy has a lot of energy and excitement about him." Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates has not announced a driver for the #41 entry for the 2003 Winston Cup season.(Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates PR)(11-5-2002)

Somehow I'm not real surprised. I feel bad for him but when it doesn't work, something has to change.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
The first person who makes a comment about a Krispy Kreme sponsored car will have to deal with me.  :soldier:

I want to see the Kreme Machine run next year!!:D

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
I want to see the Kreme Machine run next year!!:D

Ya, maybe he can start giving us the donuts for a change.

yea they will do every lap jimmie compleats every person gets a free doughnut so they would not have to worry about loosin too many doughnuts lol

I feel bad for Jimmy, but I'm not surprised. It's a shame, he is quite the character to watch race.

If he got a donut for every lap he competed, I think we would see a drastic change in his driving.

Back
Top Bottom