Spencer Rumor????

R

Rebel20

I have not seen anything on Jayski's about this, but our local radio station reported that Spencer was trying to blow his engine when he heard that he was summoned by NASCAR for post-race inspection. This sounds like a rumor or misunderstaning of the event with Kurt, but I wondered if anyone else heard anything like that.

Haven't heard anything about it yet, until then it's just a rumor.

Hmm....Sounds like something Jimmy would do. I would believe it if it was true. I havent heard anything yet though.

Thanks guys.....reminded me of that story someone told about DW and him blowing his engine at the end of a race that he had won to make things harder if he was inspected.

O yeah Rebel. I think that was the race to ensure that he won the pts. Championship over Bill in 85. No doubt he was cheating that day.

If Jimmy was cheating he sure didn't do a very good job! :)

I just talked with someone else who heard the same report. The reporter mentioned that Jimmy had pulled into the inspection garage and was overly revving his engine. The officials thought that he was trying to blow it up before they could inspect it. This was on our local radio station, KVET, during their NASCAR wrap-up segment. Not sure...guess I will have to watch for other reports. After all, Austin, Texas talk radio NASCAR reports surely would not scoop this story if it were true!

Why would they want to inspect an engine of a car that was a lap down all day? Elliot, Stewart, and Jarret had the 3 fastest cars, wouldn't they check their engines?

My brother says that the race that Darrel blew his motor up was one of The Winston's, probably before I was born.

Back
Top Bottom