Sports Trivia...??

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
R

Restrictor Plate King!

I saw Lap 3 start one for entertainment so I figured I would complete the circle by starting one for sports other than NASCAR racing. I'll make the first question really easy?

Which NHL Hockey Franchise has won the most Stanley Cups?

I play baseball. I am a pitcher. I won the Cy Young Award 3 consecutive years. They were 1993-1994-1995. Who am I?

I play baseball. I am a pitcher. I won the Cy Young Award 3 consecutive years. They were 1993-1994-1995. Who am I?

Man I remember this clearly: Greg Maddux. He won 4 straight Cy Youngs from 92 to 95. The one he won in 1992 was with the Cubs. I remember because I was rooting for the Indians to beat them (The Braves) in the 1995 World Series.

Man I remember this clearly: Greg Maddux. He won 4 straight Cy Youngs from 92 to 95. The one he won in 1992 was with the Cubs. I remember because I was rooting for the Indians to beat them (The Braves) in the 1995 World Series.

You got it. I was a Greg Maddux fan in Atlanta. I loved Greg and the Braves.

You got it. I was a Greg Maddux fan in Atlanta. I loved Greg and the Braves.

OK how about this:

I was an American Thoroughbred Horse who has won the Triple Crown of horse racing. I hold the record for the fastest Kentucky Derby & Belmont Stakes. Many consider me to be the greatest racehorse of all time. Who am I?

War Emblem

Nope, good guess but not War Emblem. Here let me add more:

I'm one of ESPN's 100 greatest athletes of the 20th century & when I died, I recieved the ultimate honor for a horse being buried whole. By tradition, the only parts of a Thoroughbred buried at a gravesite are their head (to symbolize intelligence), heart (to symbolize strength), and legs (to symbolize power).

Hey You are correct but leave my boy alone. :p

alright, alright here the next one:

What is the only father/son duo to both hit 50 homeruns in a single season ever in Major League Baseball history? Not in the same season either...

I know but I am going to give someone else a chance to answer. If nobody does I will answer it.

okay nobody else has answered it so I will.

Prince and Cecil Fielder

Correct tk. Man, that just happened this week I can't believe no one knew that...?? You're up...

What was Tiger's first appearance in a professional tournament?

Kind of a trick question. I think his first appearance was back in 1992 at the Nissan Los Angeles Open. His first Pro event was the Greater Milwaukee Open in 1996. So I guess it's the 92 Nissan L.A. Open...

I am the alltime leader in no hitter MLB baseball games. I started my career off with the blue & orange from Queens N.Y. & finished with the red, white & blue down in Texas. My no hitter record & another important record I hold may never be passed. Who am I & what is that other major pitching record I hold?

I am the alltime leader in no hitter MLB baseball games. I started my career off with the blue & orange from Queens N.Y. & finished with the red, white & blue down in Texas. My no hitter record & another important record I hold may never be passed. Who am I & what is that other major pitching record I hold?

George Mullin?

could the orther record be....The all time leader in innings pitched for the Detroit Tigers?? :confused:

OK another hint:

This person played for the New York Mets, California Angels, Houston Astros, & Texas Rangers...

Nolan Ryan. I will let someone else answer the record he holds for the win and they can ask the next question. ;)

Nolan Ryan. I will let someone else answer the record he holds for the win and they can ask the next question. ;)

Guess nobody knows what Nolan Ryans other significant record is so i'll go ahead & give it: He's the alltime leader in K's (strikeouts) with over 5,700. With the advent of the 5 man rotation & Randy Johnson & Roger Clemens getting ready to call it a career, that record will probably never be broken. GUess that was a tough one to figure out so i'll make the next question easier:

Which events in the 2000 Olympics did Marion Jones win her Bronze Medals that she recently had to return?

Guess nobody knows what Nolan Ryans other significant record is so i'll go ahead & give it: He's the alltime leader in K's (strikeouts) with over 5,700. With the advent of the 5 man rotation & Randy Johnson & Roger Clemens getting ready to call it a career, that record will probably never be broken. GUess that was a tough one to figure out so i'll make the next question easier:

Which events in the 2000 Olympics did Marion Jones win her Bronze Medals that she recently had to return?

RPK, I knew what record he still holds, I just wanted to give someone else the opportunity to answer and ask the next question. ;)

women's 100-meter dash

First Win:
Robert Huffman, Kentucky Speedway, Goodys Dash Series

First truck win:
7/31/2004 Michigan with Travis Kvapil

Back
Top Bottom