Starting Lineup

Ford 222

Team Owner
So with the new procedure shouldn’t we already have the lineup for Daytona road course next Sun?

Remember when BZF simplified things because the old point system was 'too complicated'? Then he added stage points and playoff points and playoff resets; and now there's computer algorithm to set the field. Who'da thunk following them NASCARs would be part of STEM classes?

Remember when BZF simplified things because the old point system was 'too complicated'? Then he added stage points and playoff points and playoff resets; and now there's computer algorithm to set the field. Who'da thunk following them NASCARs would be part of STEM classes?

Brian "Zeus" France?

Logano and Almirola both starting P5? This choose cone is getting out of hand!
I haven't watched any races since the choose cone went into effect. What is it and why is it getting out of hand?

Does this algebra quiz apply only to Cup? The X and Truck line-ups for Daytona have ringers and part-timers scattered throughout the field.
I haven't watched any races since the choose cone went into effect. What is it and why is it getting out of hand?
Instead of forcing drivers to line up with odd-positions cars on the inside and evens on the outside, all drivers in all positions (not just the leader) can pick which lane they start in. There's a new V-shaped marking in the middle of the track, and drivers have to be in their desired lane before they reach it. The issue appears to be visibility of the mark when following close behind another car at 45+ mph. Run it over and you go to the back, so drivers are slowing down on the track as they approach it. To me, the solution is to make the V much longer so it extends further down the track. Make it several dozen feet long instead of the ten or twelve it is now.

Does this algebra quiz apply only to Cup? The X and Truck line-ups for Daytona have ringers and part-timers scattered throughout the field.

Instead of forcing drivers to line up with odd-positions cars on the inside and evens on the outside, all drivers in all positions (not just the leader) can pick which lane they start in. There's a new V-shaped marking in the middle of the track, and drivers have to be in their desired lane before they reach it. The issue appears to be visibility of the mark when following close behind another car at 45+ mph. Run it over and you go to the back, so drivers are slowing down on the track as they approach it. To me, the solution is to make the V much longer so it extends further down the track. Make it several dozen feet long instead of the ten or twelve it is now.
Thanks that explains a lot. I have been busy servicing all of my slot cars at the slot car track on Sundays after a long day of racing on Saturdays so I have not had the time to watch any NASCAR lately...but, I'm going to take a break this Sunday and watch some Indy car and NASCAR. :D

Back
Top Bottom