Sterling and Jimmy

racer8

Team Owner
What's your opinion on that last lap tangle. did sterling take him out or did sterling just get loose and have to turn right to catch it. Did either one have to go to the big red truck?

I really doubt that Marlin deliberately got into J.J.Looked like just a simple slip up to me.

I can see how Johnson reacted like he did though.....a hard one to call.

I don't think it was intentional. As for the big red truck, judging by Jimmie's actions on his way into the pits, I would think at least one driver got a pep talk.

Originally posted by Highboy90@Mar 2 2003, 04:38 PM
I don't think it was intentional. As for the big red truck, judging by Jimmie's actions on his way into the pits, I would think at least one driver got a pep talk.
I agree, getting hot on pit road after the race could cost him.

Tough call, unless you're a Sterling or Jimmie fan...looked liked a 'racing deal' but I would be just as po'd as Jimmie was if I was driving the #48 Lowe's Chevy.

What exactly happened? I didn't get to see it.. I was at work..

To me it looked like Sterling got up into Jimmie and spun him. John Andretti sure did a great job missing Jimmie though.

i'm a marlin fan but look at thing biasley (unlike nascar officials).
marlin got a little loose and came up on jimmies fender. if he wanted to wreck jimmie, jimmie would have damage on his rear fender.
when someone intentionally hit's someone, the have crumpled fender and stuff.
nice job by jeff gordon too :lol:

I kinda thought it was on Sterlins head to. Not saying he spun him on purpose, but if that was lap 3 instead of the last lap, I bet sterlin would have lifted.

I can't really say objectively because I am a fan of Jimmie's and I haven't had much use for Sterling since he was involved in Dale Sr's death. So, obviously I thought Sterling screwed up. If it had been Jimmie who hit Sterling, I would probably still say it was Marlin's fault. Just being honest. ;)

Ain't but one person knows if it was intentional or not.

I sure did like watching that bowtie go spinning though!

Sterling was on the inside, running as hard as he could to try and get around Jimmie on the inside, and got into the throttle too soon coming out of the corner, which caused the car to push up the track. He didn't mean to spin him. If he had he would have floored it right through Jimmie's left rear when the contact was made, and gotten it over with. Instead, he lifted and gave Jimmie a chance to try and save it - which is why John Andretti rushed up on him as fast as he did. It's a racing deal, and something that will happen at least once a night at your local short track.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Mar 2 2003, 07:57 PM
I haven't had much use for Sterling since he was involved in Dale Sr's death.
I take it you don't have much use for Rusty Wallace or Kenny Schrader either, since they were involved in that wreck as least as much - if not more - than Sterling. That's a really lowbrow comment for anybody to make.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Mar 2 2003, 06:57 PM
Boy that sure is a cheap shot. Were you one of the idiots making death threats against Sterling after Earnhardt died? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by N2racin88+Mar 2 2003, 06:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Mar 2 2003, 06:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--4xchampncountin@Mar 2 2003, 06:57 PM
Boy that sure is a cheap shot. Were you one of the idiots making death threats against Sterling after Earnhardt died? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Please stop this. it will not change what happened two years ago.
The beer is on me.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Originally posted by racer8+Mar 2 2003, 08:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (racer8 @ Mar 2 2003, 08:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -N2racin88@Mar 2 2003, 06:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--4xchampncountin
@Mar 2 2003, 06:57 PM

Boy that sure is a cheap shot. Were you one of the idiots making death threats against Sterling after Earnhardt died? :rolleyes:
Please stop this. it will not change what happened two years ago.
The beer is on me.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: [/b][/quote]
I assume you mean 4x blaming Sterling on his death? Cause I am not about to stop pointing out ridiculous accusations.

Yes, it is a ridiculous accusation. That's water under the bridge. Carrying hard feelings will do nothing to bring Dale back.

It looked to me as if Sterling just pushed up in the corner and got into the 48. After all, it was the last lap and they are trying to get the best finish possible.

I'm glad Jimmie didn't continue down pit road like he intended at first.

I was as big a Earnhardt as anyone. And after watching the replay 1000 times. You can tell that Marlin didn't bump Dale. Dale came down to block and cliped Marlin and the rest was history. A no fault deal. Now today it looked like to me that Marlin intened to spin Johnson. But I could be wrong. I have been wrong before. :D

From Nascar.com:

Marlin, meanwhile, climbed out of his car and hurriedly left the track without comment.

I will say that Marlin apparently was a chicken **** if the above statement is true.

Originally posted by Gollum@Mar 2 2003, 06:46 PM
I was as big a Earnhardt as anyone. And after watching the replay 1000 times. You can tell that Marlin didn't bump Dale. Dale came down to block and cliped Marlin and the rest was history. A no fault deal. Now today it looked like to me that Marlin intened to spin Johnson. But I could be wrong. I have been wrong before. :D
My point is that if you watch the replay real close you will see sterling's front wheels turn slightly right just for a second. as if trying to catch a loose condition. if it was a push all he could do is chase it up the track without turning the wheels to the right. It was one of two things loose or intentional.
just my opinion. and I also could be wrong.
as someone else said only sterling knows.

marlin got a little loose, kinda like park did earlier in the day with jarrett

Where did I make any accusations? My thought on the Earnhardt incident is that Dale was more at fault for trying to block than anything. It was an accident plain and simple. I really didn't care for the way Sterling handled it afterward, but that is a different story entirely. Lighten up.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Mar 2 2003, 06:57 PM
Sorry bud, but regardless of how you look at it, that kind of statement says that Sterling was the cause of Earnhardt's death. If you need to add clarity to it or if you feel that your statement maybe was taken out of context then thats fine. But it is pretty damn easy to take that statement out of context.

Originally posted by racer8+Mar 2 2003, 06:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (racer8 @ Mar 2 2003, 06:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gollum@Mar 2 2003, 06:46 PM
I was as big a Earnhardt as anyone. And after watching the replay 1000 times. You can tell that Marlin didn't bump Dale. Dale came down to block and cliped&nbsp; Marlin and the rest was history. A no fault deal. Now today it looked like to me that Marlin intened to spin Johnson. But I could be wrong. I have been wrong before. :D
My point is that if you watch the replay real close you will see sterling's front wheels turn slightly right just for a second. as if trying to catch a loose condition. if it was a push all he could do is chase it up the track without turning the wheels to the right. It was one of two things loose or intentional.
just my opinion. and I also could be wrong.
as someone else said only sterling knows. [/b][/quote]
also. my point is on todays race and not what happened two years ago. just to clarify that.

Originally posted by N2racin88+Mar 3 2003, 03:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Mar 3 2003, 03:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--4xchampncountin@Mar 2 2003, 06:57 PM
Sorry bud, but regardless of how you look at it, that kind of statement says that Sterling was the cause of Earnhardt's death. If you need to add clarity to it or if you feel that your statement maybe was taken out of context then thats fine. But it is pretty damn easy to take that statement out of context. [/b][/quote]
Agreed. It was easy to takes that out of context. Sometimes I forget how touchy people are on the whole subject. Was not trying to insinuate he was at fault.

Back to Marlin and Jimmy, I am a Sterling fan, and I think it was intentional, lol. Those two were racing each other for a large portion of the race, I think Sterling just decide to nudge him out of the way, but he probably thought Jimmy could save it, better than he did. I think it would have been funny if Jimmy would have confronted Sterling about it (outside of the cars), just because Marlin cracks me up and would have had something smart a$$y to say I am sure. Two black flags and a last lap incident in just three races, I think Sterling is head straight to being this years bad "boy" or should I say oldie. :lol2:

Regardless of who did what, they have both earned a trip to the big red truck. .......Ok folks, nothing more to see here, let's move on.

Back
Top Bottom