Sterling keeps opening the door

H

HardScrabble

But no one walks in!!

Pure Houdini stuff, and now the road races have ended for the season.

The 40 team gotta be concerned with the engine department, but otherwise got just what they needed yet again.

Any believers out there yet??

He was points racing up till about 5 or 6 races ago........that got him into this "only a race away from losing the lead" thing he finds himself in. Had he been going for it with everything he had all along I think he would be in a comfortable lead now. He's in a position right now that luck will tell if he can get the Championship. Not comfortable, I'm sure. But he put himself there. I'm not a beleiver yet.:)

But it still his to loose, and with all that "Somebody's Knokkin", he's going to let them in before the end of the season.

This may be Mark Martin's year.

If things go like they have the last few races,only Ryan Newman looks like he wants to win!We may well see a rookie champ after all.And I don't mean JJ.

Originally posted by 97forever
If things go like they have the last few races,only Ryan Newman looks like he wants to win!We may well see a rookie champ after all.And I don't mean JJ.

Are you saying that Tony and Jeffie and Mark and Kevin (plus a whole bunch of others) don't want to win? Ryan may win.........but it's not going to be because the others don't want to win!

I dunno Scrabbledude.....Tony might be just about torked enuf to really make a run. Anger classes might be a double-edged sword for him.

But yer right, with the RC's out of the way it is looking better. The Chevy air-dam thing might spell disaster for him tho. Roush seems to be having trouble with their engines all of a sudden so Mark might not be in as good a shape as everybody thinks, and JJ just seems a bit inconsistant.

On the other side of the deal, if the air-dam stuff doesn't help and Mark's motor's hold, it will be coming down to the wire for the two vets.

I am pulling for Tony out of everyone in the top 10 right now.

Originally posted by Tabasco
I am pulling for Tony out of everyone in the top 10 right now.

Me too Tab.....but mostly because of last week's crap with Home Depot. A little part of me wants Tony to win the Championship and then tell HD to kiss off (Joe Gibbs, too if he won't back him up) and find a more loyal sponsor. He's an asset to any team or sponsor right now.........and with a Championship to his credit he would be even more.

Next week he has the Michigan race which he won last year, though the first race this year was not too good for him.

Then Bristol, who knows what can happen there.

Then Darlington where he won earlier this year.

It's Sterling's to win now. And its gonna be interesting for a while yet I do believe.

I still think Sterling will hold them off he might lose it but he will have the lead at the end of the year

Back
Top Bottom