Stewart arrested

P

pettyfan4life

A witness saw him shove a photographer and try to kick him after the race. They just showed it on the local news.

I have heard nothing about an arrest. I did read that joe gibbs talked to the photographer and there was no problem.
It just seems that now that harvick is laying low they are after poor tony again just knowing they can get a reaction.

Just goes to show how badly Tony wanted to win that Race. His emotions got the best of him alright.

Arrested---NO, did the incident happen, yes.

NASCAR repurcussions are to come I'm sure.

Nascar.com Says nothing about being arrested. I dont think he was. After all I dont think you can get arrested for shoving a man and then trying to kick him, and...I would highly doubt that the photographer would press any charges.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
Nascar.com Says nothing about being arrested.  I dont think he was.  After all I dont think you can get arrested for shoving a man and then trying to kick him, and...I would highly doubt that the photographer would press any charges.

Especially if that photographer ever wanted access to another race........NASCAR, CART, IRL or anyother racing venue!! Besides, press photogs can be rather rude and insensitive, and Tony being Tony what do you expect?

allright the local news people just ran a thingy on it and said he was NOT arrested but was un accounted for at the track so gibbs and zippy couldent talk to him about it Sorry for the confusion

They should know better than fool with Tony after a race like that.
He'll do it every time

Can't wait to hear what Tony has to say about it. My guess is he was just as livid as I over the last caution that bunched up all the cars again.

Can't wait to hear what Tony has to say about it. My guess is he was just as livid as I over the last caution that bunched up all the cars again.

I was thinking the exact same thing!! Elliots crew seemed to think it was alittle fishy as well. I saw the debris, but it certainly didn't seem to be near the groove. Am I missing something?

Awesome, heard the same thing on my news last night-that punches were thrown. To bad Tony finally lost his temper again--seemed he'd gotten it pretty well under control but, after hyping the hometown boy, asking him many times how much it would mean to win, seems they would have known better than to get in his face with a camera after the race anyway. That's the thing with many reporters & photographers--sort of like after someone is watching their home be destroyed and a reporter/photographer is there saying "and how do you feel?" I think the answer would be self evident (duh) and maybe they should back away a little bit. I'd gotten the impression from watching Tony all week on different interviews that this race means more to him than about any other race on the circuit. JMO
Sorry I got so long winded. Comes from being computer access deprived for soooooo looooong. LOL

Well I just read that it happened but he was'nt arrested. What in the hell is wrong with Tony Stewart?? This guy has to be the biggest crybaby jackass Nascar has ever seen! This moron thinks he's Nascar's gift from God. If Nascar does'nt sit him out for at LEAST one race considering all the trouble that he was in last year then Nascar needs to get thier heads out of thier ass!! Tony Stewart needs to grow the hell up!!! I'm tired of hearing about him and his little fits!

These reporters need to learn to back off when a driver says no comment. WC drivers are among the most accessible to both fans and the media, but some times enough is enough. From what I have read, Tony walked away from the guy and he followed him to his trailer. There is a line, and a professional journalist should have recognized that.

Thought this was ironic, from post qualifying interviews:

"And after Saturday's qualifying session in Indianapolis, Stewart became surly in the question and answer session with reporters, admitting that he recently purchased a new T-shirt.

"It says, 'You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be misquoted and used against you,' " Stewart said."

Oh how true....

it makes it more excited you just gotta know when to control your anger but i dont think hes a crybaby; but i know of someone who is. lol

I'm a big Tony fan, but there is no call for throwing punches. I'm sure Jeff and Jr get chased around all the time. Junior is having a miserable year, and he is still very gracious in all his interviews. Did anyone read DJ's comments after the race? He was class all the way. I just can't defend this. Being a Cleveland Indians fan, it reminds of defending Albert Belle back in the early nineties. I knew he was acting like a jerk, but I still defended him b/c he played for my favorite team. Same situation here. I hate to disagree with some of my buddies on this board...

Maybe it's the Italian blood in Tony that gets him so much more hotheaded than the rest of the field. :)

I can say that, you know. I'm part Italian myself. ;)

NO, TONY STEWART WAS NOT ARRESTED. GO TO NASCAR.COM FIND THE FACTS BEFORE YOU GO POSTING LIES ABOUT HIM.
GO GET UM TONY, DON'T TAKE ANY JUNK FROM THESE CRAZY PEOPLE.

YOUR #1 FAN FROM LAURENS SC

Well I can understand completely how Stewart wanted to win this race, but didn't all the drivers out there want to win. That's why they were out there. I agree with follow the 18, DJ was class all the way. Rusty handled things well also. Always a bridesmaid.

As far as the media and photographers are concerned, that's why they are there, to get the news and take photos. All of these drivers are aware of the fact that with their job comes exposure at any time. And yes the media knows that Tony is not in the best of moods when something goes wrong during a race. Does this make him the exception to the rule? No. It would be like an actress or actor telling the media please don't film me or my reaction if I don't win the award. When people put themselves out in the public view they are giving permission to be a focus point for the media or photographers. As in drivers, movie stars, recording artist, ect. We all know that Tony or his management has put out the word many times that Tony does not like to be bothered right after a race, that he needs a cool down time. What I don't understand is the incident that occurred yesterday. Every race there are media around and Tony gestures or someone with him says no comment and he keeps on walking. I think yesterday he let his temper take control and he lashed out at someone. He didn't have to swing or try to kick the reporter he could have just kept on walking. So what if someone kept up with him walking. Don't give them a story by responding in any way. That's where he messed up.
What Tony didn't understand or try to understand yesterday was that there was only one winner, he wasn't the only one that lost.

Back
Top Bottom