Stewart finally conquers Pocono!

H

Highboy90

race_20.jpg

Defending Winston Cup champion Tony Stewart got his first Pocono win and his first Winston Cup win of 2003 in Sunday's Pocono 500. Mark Martin finished second and points leader Matt Kenseth was third when the race ended under caution. More.

Pocono 500 Top 10
1 20 Tony Stewart
2 6 Mark Martin
3 17 Matt Kenseth
4 8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
5 12 Ryan Newman
6 40 Sterling Marlin
7 5 Terry Labonte
8 22 Ward Burton
9 38 Elliott Sadler
10 32 Ricky Craven

NASCAR Top 10 In Points
1. Matt Kenseth Leader
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. -176
3. Jeff Gordon -233
4. Bobby Labonte -287
5. Kurt Busch -362
6. Michael Waltrip -370
7. Jimmie Johnson -377
8. Rusty Wallace -444
9. Kevin Harvick -485
10. Sterling Marlin -492

Biggest gain in points: Ward Burton +5
Biggest loss in points: Robby Gordon, Joe Nemechek -5

Congrats Smoke and Team. Two good runs does not a Championship make - but it is a great way to start. :cheers: Moved up 3 spots.

He looked very good today. He won what was becoming a war of attrition(sp?). Tony has deserved to win several this year, I'm glad for him that he finally won one.

I see this as a half way turning point for Mark,and Tony.Don't be surprised if Tony,and Mark do not finish 2nd,and 3rd this year,With Matt Kenseth taking the grand prize,And Jr finishing 4th. ^_^

Originally posted by pbunch@Jun 8 2003, 03:50 PM
I see this as a half way turning point for Mark,and Tony.Don't be surprised if Tony,and Mark do not finish 2nd,and 3rd this year,With Matt Kenseth taking the grand prize,And Jr finishing 4th. ^_^
Wouldn't be surprised, I would be shocked, flabbergasted, amazed, stunned and every other word in the thesaurus :eek: Ain't gonna happen, way too far back for Stewy.

That's okay. Tony IS the defending NASCAR Champion and I'll be happy with a top 10 in points at the end of the year. Better if he finishes ahead of Gordo and Jr. :cuckoo:

:cheers: To Tony. Several drivers had good runs. Terry, Sterling, Mark, Ward plus a few others. :cheers: Also goes out to my man Ward for being the biggest mover on points.

Good run for Tony, and kudos for Terry Labonte... seems like that team is gettin' their stuff together race by race.

Originally posted by Gordon Fan@Jun 8 2003, 08:44 PM
Ain't gonna happen, way too far back for Stewy.
Everyone keeps saying he can't do it, me included. That's 'bout when Stewart tends to step up and prove everyone wrong. At least I hope. ;)

Back
Top Bottom