Subway out!

KTMLew01

Team Owner
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-subway-drops-sponsorship-daniel-175434325.html

Sports Report: Subway drops sponsorship of Daniel Suarez with one race left in deal

Daniel McFadin,NBC Sports 2 hours 47 minutes ago

Subway has dropped its sponsorship of Daniel Suarez and Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 19 Toyota with one race left on a four-race deal, according to ESPN.

In a statement to ESPN, Subway said it had to terminate its contract with JGR due to “circumstances beyond our control.” JGR told ESPN the contract was not terminated due to a violation of any morality clauses by Suarez.

JGR did not respond to a NBC Sports request for comment.

Suarez told ESPN and Jeff Gluck that he found out about Subway’s decision on Friday, saying he wasn’t aware of the reasons behind it.

“That’s part of racing,” Suarez said. “Sponsorship comes and sponsorship leaves. There’s nothing we can do about it. I don’t really know the reasons, so there’s not a lot I can add to it.”

Subway sponsored the rookie driver at Auto Club Speedway, the Coke 600 and the Coke Zero 400. Suarez is currently 17th in the points standings.

The restaurant chain had continued its sponsorship of the No. 19 after Carl Edwards stepped away from racing in the Cup Series in January.

Subway had sponsored Edwards since 2009 when he drove for Roush Fenway Racing. It had been on the No. 19 for four races in 2015 and five in 2016.

Follow @DanielMcFadin

Sponsor's come, sponsor's go.

You hate to see any sponsor leave and it is peculiar that Subway would leave with 1 race left.

Sponsors do come and go but it seems like more good sponsors have left in the past few years and have not been replaced with similar quality.

There is no linkage between this occurrence and the fig people with SHR. The fig people began reneging before the ink was dry on the contract and then fabricated reasons to opt out of 2017.

With only one race to go is what has me puzzled...... Vs . Natures Bakery had 2 full seasons left.

Seems like the one race left would have been a light snack for Subway instead of
dealing with the wonderment and black helicopters.

Lets be real, Suarez isn't a very good representative for Subway. The commercial suked, and I can think of many drivers that would fit better.

Hmmm. Wasn't there a topic a couple months ago I was getting grilled on for things like this story right here...

Anyway, nothing more to see. So the series is at darlington this weekend?

Hearing Suarez was giving out Dunkin Donuts and that's what upset Subway ? How are subs and donuts even remotely close

Maybe they don't want a guy representing their "healthy" brand eating and handing out donuts. I don't like it, but sponsors are really picky about that stuff these days.

So they get a pass while Nature's Bakery got crucified? Ok.

Yeah, um, I didnt say that, I wasnt hinting at that, I was not even thinking that, nice try but ya failed, please do not pass go, do not collect $200 , and you are the weakest link, goodbye.

Maybe they don't want a guy representing their "healthy" brand eating and handing out donuts. I don't like it, but sponsors are really picky about that stuff these days.
Wasn't Carl also sponsored by Cheez-its?

Subway can go F themselves. They will hire anyone with a pulse to make their "gourmet" sandwiches, which aren't even made right half the time because the lazy mouth breathers they hire couldn't care less. Then they will "forget" to give you your change if you pay in cash. And they usually head straight to the back as you walk out the door so they can get back to smoking their joint.

Subway can go F themselves. They will hire anyone with a pulse to make their "gourmet" sandwiches, which aren't even made right half the time because the lazy mouth breathers they hire couldn't care less. Then they will "forget" to give you your change if you pay in cash. And they usually head straight to the back as you walk out the door so they can get back to smoking their joint.

Had a bad experience or two? lol

Had a bad experience or two? lol

Luckily for me, the Subway next to my house is excellent. But literally every other Subway I've been to in my area has been a mixed bag, and that's being nice. I just think it's funny that freakin Subway would get all pretentious and suddenly bail on Suarez. I guess they are a bit too brand conscious after they had a pedophile as their spokesman for two decades.

The rotisserie chicken sub is fantastic though.

Its fast food. If you want top tier service pony up more cash elsewhere.

Luckily for me, the Subway next to my house is excellent. But literally every other Subway I've been to in my area has been a mixed bag, and that's being nice. I just think it's funny that freakin Subway would get all pretentious and suddenly bail on Suarez. I guess they are a bit too brand conscious after they had a pedophile as their spokesman for two decades.

The rotisserie chicken sub is fantastic though.

I feel the same about KFC. The colonel can F himself in my book :D

Its fast food. If you want top tier service pony up more cash elsewhere.

That's a loser mentality.

I don't care if you make minimum wage or seven figures, have a little pride in yourself. I'm not expecting prime rib or top tier service. But I do expect to get what I pay for.

I only eat at Subway four or five times a year, but I've never had an incorrectly made sandwich. That includes stand-alone stores, strip malls, gas stations, and truck stops. Under normal circumstances I'd probably be at the one off I-20 in Camden later today, picking up a couple to enjoy at
The Lady.

I pay with a card darn near everywhere, so my change is never an issue.

But I do expect to get what I pay for.
You get what you pay for. A $8 meal will get you $8 service, especially any "resturant" with a sneeze guard over open food.

Youre expecting too much from a fast food facility. Theres a reason most get paid minimum wage. They have 2-4 people making single sandwiches at a time. Think about that.

You want quality personality with quality food? Go somewhere where they actually have to earn their keep.

Has anyone heard what team they might be putting their money behind? Lots of fresh faces they could hitch their wagon to at the start of those careers. Long term possibilities.

Has anyone heard what team they might be putting their money behind? Lots of fresh faces they could hitch their wagon to at the start of those careers. Long term possibilities.
Going to Kasey Kahne or Danica Patrick in 2018 wouldnt surprise me.

RE: The Subway service disagreement. I was taught, and I believe rightfully so, if you do the little things right, ie serving a subway, you will excel into better things. I have absolutely zero tolerance for shotty work ethics.

Hearing Suarez was giving out Dunkin Donuts and that's what upset Subway ? How are subs and donuts even remotely close

If that's the case, that's ****** stupid and Subway oughta be ashamed of themselves for such petty reasoning..

I guess Rutledge Wood's fat ass just cost JGR a sponsor. Lmao.

This was only a 4 race deal with 1 race left, it seems like they were planning backing out anyways.

I believe Daniel Suarez is an emerging superstar. His bootstrap success story is compelling, and his personality is engaging. With all due respect to Carl Edwards as a marketing dream, Suarez is also a marketing dream. And he's in Nascar, while Edwards isn't.

The timing just seems so strange. Why even risk negative publicity by dropping him with one race to go? Just do the last race and then either move to another team or move on. Sometimes I think these companies are their own worst enemy, by making themselves look foolish trying to avoid looking foolish.

Back
Top Bottom