Summer Shootout

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
The months-long demolition derby at Charlotte’s quarter mile is underway.

FloRacing.

Brexton Busch just finished p2 in first Beginner Bando feature.

Bandolero Outlaw race was a barnburner. Damn.

Alison Johnson with a pass on the outside to win by .003 after running side by side with Killian McMann for several laps.

I like the Legends cars and they are not as easy as people may think. But a lot of those guys go crazy for a shot to win a TV race.

I like the Legends cars and they are not as easy as people may think. But a lot of those guys go crazy for a shot to win a TV race.
You ain't kiddin'.

I was crew chief for a Legends racer who ran the Summer Shootout at Charlotte because he could rub elbows with big name guys. It was frustrating because he refused to spend the money needed to compete there. Those cars are spec, so everything has to be just right or you're getting lapped. Those cars are also fragile - any hits and you're replacing parts and / or needing a trip to the frame jig. There are guys with complete ready-to-run backup cars - if you give them too much competition, they will wreck you and just switch to their other car for the feature. And this was in the Masters class that doesn't get much airtime.

Suicidal drinking game: Every time you hear the word “yellow,” take a shot.

Was rooting for Owen Zacharias in that one.

Bryson Brinkley can’t catch a break.

Back
Top Bottom