Summer Tires

Zerkfitting

Team Owner
I put my summer tires on today, a little later than usual this year (ave temp should be 45 degrees). I always enjoy the improved ride at this time of the year. I run Continental Extreme Contact Sport tires; aside from the performance aspect the tires are the smoothest, quietest tires I've ever had. I'm not an extreme driver but I do enjoy the tires for their intended use on occasion (depending on traffic). There is a road I occasionally travel that has a 35 mph corner; in my '65 Thunderbird you better be doing 35, in my '11 Genesis (V8) it is game on.

I put my summer tires on today, a little later than usual this year (ave temp should be 45 degrees). I always enjoy the improved ride at this time of the year. I run Continental Extreme Contact Sport tires; aside from the performance aspect the tires are the smoothest, quietest tires I've ever had. I'm not an extreme driver but I do enjoy the tires for their intended use on occasion (depending on traffic). There is a road I occasionally travel that has a 35 mph corner; in my '65 Thunderbird you better be doing 35, in my '11 Genesis (V8) it is game on.
Florida. :D

hehe - we have driving adventures when it snows. I ran all season tires when I had 4WD. Now I run proper tires for the seasons (I've become a tire snob). My summer tires are basically slicks with water channels so I need tires for winter.

B.F. Goodrich radial T/A's, best rain tire I have ever had, not any good in snow though.

B.F. Goodrich radial T/A's, best rain tire I have ever had, not any good in snow though.

The BFG Comp T/A was the spec tire for several classes at Seekonk. I've had both radial and comp T/A's and thought they were good in all conditions, including snow. Comps seemed better on dry and wet roads in both cornering and stopping distance IMO.
Winter tires, before radials, we ran snow tires, one year I had studded snow tires, On dry pavement=noisy and would fling out the studs. The also tore up the roads when the weather warmed up. No noticeable difference in snow. On icy roads, yeah they worked.

Last edited:
All-season for my truck and two of our cars. Our Jeep runs mudders that also run we'll in rain/snow. They're kind of noisy especially with the soft-top on. Just have to turn the music up a little.

All-season for my truck and two of our cars. Our Jeep runs mudders that also run we'll in rain/snow. They're kind of noisy especially with the soft-top on. Just have to turn the music up a little.
The same with my hunting truck.

For all seasons, I’ve liked Continental DWS 06s.

For all seasons, I’ve liked Continental DWS 06s.
I had the Continental DW and when it came time to replace them the DW wasn't available, the Sport replaced them (these tires are not long lasting - a luxury purchase). I'm impressed with Continental and will consider them when my winter tires need to be replaced.

Zerk, I have studded tires up here. its mandated they are off by May1, but usually they are off earlier but this year was cold and much snow.

Back
Top Bottom