Sunday's Texas Race in Limbo.

To put some context to the lack of it in the OP

And this guy

I mean you can't go wrong with a triple header at Bristol....

@jws926 Toby Christie is a very reliable source as well btw.
That's wild. ..I like Texas. Hopefully they run it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back to Charlotte, Atlanta or Darlington I’d imagine. I mean I’d be down for another Bristol race on Sunday, why not

COTA!

Not. Run TMS without fans. Seems like a no-brainer. Or run Road America; it should still be ready.

I have a friend in Texas who is real excited about going to the Bristol All Star race then turning around heading home for the Texas race. There's going to be some disappointed fans in Texas. J/S

I have a friend in Texas who is real excited about going to the Bristol All Star race then turning around heading home for the Texas race. There's going to be some disappointed fans in Texas. J/S
Was Texas letting fans in?

Welcome Back Race Fans!!!

O'Reilly Auto Parts 500

July 19, 2020
Texas Governor Greg Abbott approved a comprehensive action plan to allow fans to attend the rescheduled O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 NASCAR Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway (2 p.m. CDT on NBCSN).

I think it would be Texas or nothing this weekend. You're not gonna get a replacement venue ready with 5 days notice.

Caveat being perhaps NASCAR has told another SMI track to prep to be ready to go just-in-case for Sunday already.

Reactions: Pat
Welcome Back Race Fans!!!

O'Reilly Auto Parts 500

July 19, 2020
Texas Governor Greg Abbott approved a comprehensive action plan to allow fans to attend the rescheduled O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 NASCAR Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway (2 p.m. CDT on NBCSN).

I think I’d be skipping this weekend if I had tickets

Was Texas letting fans in?
Not sure. She is a photographer by trade but does some kind of work at TMS. I think it is for charity. Maybe she was just excited to see her home town track. Mostly she was asking about Nashville since she would stay there for the Bristol race. I am just jealous.

Not sure. She is a photographer by trade but does some kind of work at TMS. I think it is for charity. Maybe she was just excited to see her home town track. Mostly she was asking about Nashville since she would stay there for the Bristol race. I am just jealous.
They have a whole video explaining all of the hoops fans need to jump thru to see the race. It's pretty comprehensive

Reactions: Pat
They have a whole video explaining all of the hoops fans need to jump thru to see the race. It's pretty comprehensive

I saw that. She said she was wearing her big girl pants and knew how to protect her health but needs to live her life. I agree with her decision to go.

So if they don't run Texas will they race elsewhere.

Agree.

It’s too hot to spend an afternoon in the grandstand wearing a full Hazmat suit.

Won't run the All Star at Charlotte, but heading over to Texas seems fine? This is the kind of decision making that has us where we are...and then there's the road course in Florida. Having the Championship in Arizona would make this perfect. Oh wait.

So if they don't run Texas will they race elsewhere.

If this is a statement- your proof/source?

If this is a question- no that has not been said. And logistically that would be monumentally challenging to say the least.

Just have Jr clear up North Wilkesboro if they cant race at Texas. I kid of course, but logistically I have no idea where they would race if they cant go at Texas. A nightmare I wouldnt want the stress of having.

If this is a statement- your proof/source?

If this is a question- no that has not been said. And logistically that would be monumentally challenging to say the least.
It was a question. I just forgot to punctuate it, hah.

Meh that ICU number is overblown, it's usually full during normal times anyways.

Is the track going to be good for the race? I know there was a lot of problem with the Indycar race as the track bite was completely unraceable for those cars. Is the same thing going to happen here or are we good? IMO it should be used as a grippy cushion anyways

Kinda sounds like he's expecting people to get sick by attending the race but thinks it's no big deal because the hospital has room for 'em.
:owquitit:
I think he was talking about the possibility of someone at the track being injured and requiring hospitalization, surgery, etc.

I could be wrong.

Back to Charlotte, Atlanta or Darlington I’d imagine. I mean I’d be down for another Bristol race on Sunday, why not
I could handle Charlotte, Atlanta, or Darlington...but Bristol I wouldn't be that excited about. But, I would give it another chance to change my view.

really?i was in steve parks pit for a nite race,still one of my best nites ever,love that track.I could handle Charlotte, Atlanta, or Darlington...but Bristol I wouldn't be that excited about. But, I would give it another chance to change my view.

I watched all 5 races at Kentucky in a weekend. I'm not sure that is a great idea for any track. But considering racing can be eliminated with a stroke of the pen from a politician (for our own good) I'm watching everything I can.

I had been wondering about that but didn't want to post it.

Fauci got fired. Bob applied. He's in. If hospital beds are criterion for big events, what is the NBA doing in Orlando in a "bubble?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom