Super Bowl Grub

Southern fried chicken legs and thighs, fresh shelled green Lima beans, homemade tortilla chips, homemade guacamole/picante sauce dip and a lot of BLs. :D

I'm not cooking today or going to any Super Bowl outings, I decided I'm just going to order a couple medium pizzas and stay home and watch the game and have a nice quiet afternoon. Damn its still 2 hours away from kick off and 1 of the pizzas is already gone...I guess it's a good thing I picked up some hot dogs and buns too.:)

Made a sausage cheese dip with hot salsa, Rotelle tomatoes and diced up hot sausage. Fattening as all hell, but very addictive. Might get a pizza or just eat up some leftovers.

Might just get something to eat before the game. Don't care much for the game so not about to grub out.

I made the wing sauce yesterday. Anything sauce needs to sit overnight for everything to mingle.
I used Frank’s Red Hot Wing sauce, Tony Roma’s Wing sauce, Vietnamese chili garlic sauce and homemade green chili topper salsa.

I made the wing sauce yesterday. Anything sauce needs to sit overnight for everything to mingle.
I used Frank’s Red Hot Wing sauce, Tony Roma’s Wing sauce, Vietnamese chili garlic sauce and homemade green chili topper salsa.
That Vietnamese stuff will kick you in the ass ...literally!

Working so I'll be bringing pizzas

I’m going to slightly grill/smoke the wings before they go in the fryer.
Wings should never ever be breaded.
I agree on hot wings never being breaded........ but like Johali mentioned..... I sometimes deep fry them Southern style with breading.

My hot wings..... I just put them in the deep fryer as you mentioned with no coating. My hot sauce..... I order it from a place called Arizona Gunslinger..... I use a good portion of that.... melted butter..... Honey and Molasses........

Before wings got so expensive....... when the kids were home...... I'd cook 160-180 hotwings every Sunday....... got 3 deep fat fryers in the garage...... they'd all pile in on Sundays because they knew I was cooking....... Wasn't ever any left after the race was over.......

Homemade pizza and hot wings.
5363e2d39e6c6137a58342e4aa81b0e1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I thought about going out to a sports bar for football and food. When the time came I dreaded fighting the crowd.

I would have loved some mozzerella sticks and nachos or wings, food that isn't really part of my low carb eating.

Doesn't keep it from sounding good.

Back
Top Bottom