Susan Boyle

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
By now, if you haven't heard of Susan Boyle, you just haven't been paying attention. Boyle, a self proclaimed 47 year old virgin, overwhelmed the crowd and judges with her singing of "I Dream a Dream" from Les Miserables on the show Britains Got Tallent, a show produced by Simon Cowel. Boyle will probably win the contest and Cowel will most certainly sign her to a contract with his company. But here's an interesting point of view. Why is Cowel so surprised at what he heard? Boyle has been siging and recording for some time now, albeit on a much smaller level. She recorded Cry Me a River back in '99 and what a job that was. But her sassiness towards Cowel and her apparently being very comfortable on stage in front of a huge crowd just doesn't fit the image of such a frumpy woman.

Now well over 30 million plus from all over the world has seen her performance on youtube and elsewhere. She has been invited to be a guest on Oprah and has been interviewed by the three networks here in the US. No doubt about it, this woman is great, but one has to wonder just how much does Simon Cowel have a hand in all of this. Questions...would she have made such a splash had a few things been done before hand? All of what happened on that stage helped to make a bigger splash than if things had been different. I'm not saying that Cowel staged it all, but then again, this man is a genius at what he does.

If you want to hear more of her, check out her singing Cry Me a River here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqH6pz01Y1c I think it's better than her appearance on Britain's Got Talent.

She does have a great voice, but I can't stand to watch her sing. I've seen better looking faces on Iodine bottles. How is she going to be a huge star in such a visual society?

Back
Top Bottom