Talking Heads and Announcers

Gordon looks to be cute when he isn't cheering for his own team

I do concede that Gordon's obvious homerism for HMS is a conflict of interest

That's a bunch of BS. He doesn't talk about HMS more than he does any other team. Everyone just expects it and is looking for it, so the moment he even mentions an HMS driver, everyone cries homerism despite the context. He isn't going out of his way to talk about Hendrick drivers. That being said, I look forward to the day he retires from the booth and gets into a larger role at Hendrick. Nothing against him as a broadcaster, I just think HMS is ultimately where he belongs.

And while we're on the subject of announcers, Dale Jarrett is the best analyst in NASCAR. He needs a color commentator role during the race broadcast.

That's a bunch of BS. He doesn't talk about HMS more than he does any other team. Everyone just expects it and is looking for it, so the moment he even mentions an HMS driver, everyone cries homerism despite the context. He isn't going out of his way to talk about Hendrick drivers. That being said, I look forward to the day he retires from the booth and gets into a larger role at Hendrick. Nothing against him as a broadcaster, I just think HMS is ultimately where he belongs.

And while we're on the subject of announcers, Dale Jarrett is the best analyst in NASCAR. He needs a color commentator role during the race broadcast.
Amen on Jarrett. He should replace Burton. We joke about "the gerbils" in the NBC booth, but it's a legitimate problem. The high pitch "excitement" every lap from their voices is infuriating.

As for Gordon, I stand by my opinion. I hated when DW was obviously shilling for Toyota because he was in business with them and Mikey, so I'm applying the same standard here. He has ownership in a team. It would be like having Jerry Jones calling a Cowboys game. (OK, that's apples and oranges but the spirit of the point stands)

The optics are bad when he shows up in victory lane, man. Didn't see Joy or Bowyer there. Same thing was said of Mikey and true IMO....just that Mikey didn't spend much time in victory lane. Gordon is not a professional broadcaster. I am sure they all have biases....Gordon just doesn't have enough talent to cover his up.

The optics are bad when he shows up in victory lane, man. Didn't see Joy or Bowyer there. Same thing was said of Mikey and true IMO....just that Mikey didn't spend much time in victory lane. Gordon is not a professional broadcaster. I am sure they all have biases....Gordon just doesn't have enough talent to cover his up.
optics don't look bad to me. 4 time Gordon is a super popular person in the sport, Hendrick Motorsports helped build the sport to what it is today. At least he isn't announcing the Xfinity race when the Burton gerbil is going on and on about young son Harrison, Gibbs and whoever's else's knob he can polish at Toyota.

optics don't look bad to me. 4 time Gordon is a super popular person in the sport, Hendrick Motorsports helped build the sport to what it is today. At least he isn't announcing the Xfinity race when the Burton gerbil is going on and on about young son Harrison, Gibbs and whoever's else's knob he can polish at Toyota.
Well, of course. Didn't see you at the rose colored glasses store...probably because I had mine on too. Everything always comes back to Toyota...much of the time for you more than me. WE move the needle. Jeff Gordon is a true Hall of Fame driver. He is a terrible broadcaster. As DW used to say, "Do what you know."....and by the way, with so much **** said about this great sport weekly, just what did Hendrick help to build? If you can answer that, then we will know what we are. If we can figure out what we are, we can figure out how to sell it. "@StandOnIt line 1 Mrs. Phelps."

Well, of course. Didn't see you at the rose colored glasses store...probably because I had mine on too. Everything always comes back to Toyota...much of the time for you more than me. WE move the needle. Jeff Gordon is a true Hall of Fame driver. He is a terrible broadcaster. As DW used to say, "Do what you know."....and by the way, with so much **** said about this great sport weekly, just what did Hendrick help to build? If you can answer that, then we will know what we are. If we can figure out what we are, we can figure out how to sell it. "@StandOnIt line 1 Mrs. Phelps."

Didn't someone once argue that Hendrick wasn't the favored son of Chevy? Pretty impressive data to the contrary right there....Might explain why one team is winning with My Toyotas now.

Back
Top Bottom