Talladega is behind us.

D

DE Wrangler 2

With this afternoon's race history I guess Jr has won his last race of the season. Now that that's behind us, the points thing is narrowed somewhat.

Tony leads
Mark is 72 points behind
JJ is 82 points behind
Ryan is 137 points behind
Rusty is 147 points behind
And Matt and Jeffie are both 201 behind.

Looks like it's between the top three now.......without incredible luck anyone more than 100 points out is just going to wind up somewhere short of first!!

My call is for Tony.......but I've been saying that for about a month now.:D

Tony is looking stout.

But you just never know...

I feel silly even speculating sometimes. :)

Yeah Tony sounds good, but Ive said it before that we wont know who it will be until Homestead. I hope a rookie takes it...

Originally posted by racer8
1992 six races to go, Alan Kulwicki 278 points back. Anything can happen

True racer8.........but that involved an incredible amount of luck on Alan's part. So many drivers in front of him had to have bad luck and he had to have good luck. Not saying it can't happen but not likely. I'm not a Jeffie fan nor Matt or Rusty.......but I am certainly not counting either one of them out. Heck Jr, if everything fell into place could win!:D Just going with the odds. It's Tony's to lose and Mark's to take it!! JJ is in a position to be the spoiler.:)

Agreed DE, I really don't think the guys that are in 8th or farther back have a real shot. Alan was probably fifth or so at that time and had less people to pass in the points race. I just want to point out that anything can happen if enough people have bad luck. even the last race of 92 had people plauged with bad luck.
That was one of the best races I ever saw besides Talledega in the fall of 2000

Back
Top Bottom