Talladega YellaWood 500 (Pre-Race)

Turtle84

Hail Melon 🍉
E7F4322CED394D138D89608C571D7FF9.ashx

"The YellaWood 500 marks the 103rd race hosted by Talladega Superspeedway in Cup Series history. The 2.66-mile oval located in Lincoln, Alabama is known as the largest oval on the NASCAR schedule. With 33 degrees of banking in the turns, 16.5 degrees of banking on the tri-oval, and 3 degrees on the backstretch, drivers have to work together in the draft to succeed. Sunday’s YellaWood 500 will be the second race of the Round of 12 in the Cup Series Playoffs. As a result, this makes this a pressure filled race for teams to preform and not get caught up in the “Big One”. Hall of Fame driver, Dale Earnhardt, is known as one of the most successful drivers at this track with 10 wins, 23 top 5’s, and 27 top 10 finishes. The track first opened in 1969, the Cup Series held its inaugural race in 69′ and Richard Brickhouse won."

Full Weekend Schedule:
SATURDAY, OCT. 3
NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series
1 p.m. ETTalladega 250
FS1

MRN
Xfinity Series
4:30 p.m. ETAg-Pro 300
NBCSN

NBC Sports Live

MRN
SUNDAY, OCT. 4
NASCAR Cup Series
2 p.m. ETYellaWood 500
NBC

NBC Sports Live

MRN

Some former winners at the most bad @ss track on the schedule (tried to keep it to the track’s second race of the season or it’s “fall race” that has run in July, August which was probably ungodly hot or it’s current October date)
1601294261555.jpeg
1601294077540.jpeg
1601295064901.jpeg
1601294850359.jpeg
1601294703784.jpeg
1601294141584.jpeg
[
1601296035809.jpeg
1601295283371.jpeg
1601295358986.png
1601295447034.jpeg

Last edited:
I know better. I know that I'm 99% sure to end up angry and disappointed at the race, and make posts I shouldn't in the race thread. I'll kvetch and moan about plate racing.

But it's Dega, and I can't help myself. I'm so here for it!

Its Dega, its going to be a boring as hell race and then the last 25 laps will be crazy exciting.
The last couple laps of the stages should be pretty decent. Guys are gonna want every point they can get with the Roval looming

Anybody know how mamy fans they're letting in? No luck with Google there.

They're really strict on the no clear coolers deal, which normally they aren't, which sucks but we're managing.
I think Charlotte's instructions are large clear bags only. I'll review them later this week, but I have 2-gallon Zip-Loc (tm) that should do nicely.

Some former winners at the most bad @ss track on the schedule (tried to keep it to the track’s second race of the season or it’s “fall race” that has run in July, August which was probably ungodly hot or it’s current October date)
View attachment 49409View attachment 49407View attachment 49412View attachment 49411View attachment 49410View attachment 49408[View attachment 49418 View attachment 49414View attachment 49415View attachment 49416

lol
You just had to put the TCR jam car driver in there...didn’t you?

How crowded is the camping area?

Outside the track all the parking areas that were chock full with campers and people parked and tail gating last fall is empty, ghost town like. It was kind of shocking how empty the parking areas were. They got everyone spaced well enough in the stands. Father in law just came with us to our seats which was no big deal. I knew my ticket rep would get us an extra seat lol. Lots of empties around us. I got 3 pics total and a couple of bags of merchandise. Sorry guys I suck at taking pics but we are enjoying the race!!!

I’m lost on this post, I don’t get it. What’s a TCR Jam Car driver?

its what I used to call vickers while at HMS....seemed like every time another driver would be a threat to jeffie or jimmie he’d wreck or have some form of contact with them. In reality it probably only happened once or twice, but the monicker stuck.

And I’ve never forgiven him for taking out jr...and his own teammate.

I think Charlotte's instructions are large clear bags only. I'll review them later this week, but I have 2-gallon Zip-Loc (tm) that should do nicely.

There were nascar employees directing us to the parking area who had fistfulls of big clear plastic bags they were handing to people and telling them under no circumstances would a cooler be allowed if it didn't meet the guidelines. I've never seen a clear cooler before but I suppose we'll have to get one now. Don't bring a backpack if it is not clear now either.

i was pretty pissed cause I've got a nice little cooler that has wheels and can be carted around like airline luggage or has shoulder straps and can be backpacked in. Talking with other fans lots of other people were ticked too but what are you gonna do.

They've always had that rule (only clear bags and backpacks) but never enforced it until now. My guess is they allowed it pre-pandemic because they would do security searches and look into coolers and backpacks. With corona and social distancing they're not doing the searches anymore. Hopefully we can get back to normal next year and take whatever works. This corona BS is inconvenient but this is probably how it likely will be at every track from here in out in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom