Team season failure

Bucky Badger

Go Kyle Go
Alright...16 teams have the ability and 26 weeks to make it to the chase. If you don't make it in the chase with 16 openings would you consider that a season failure?

This question was asked on Sirius XM Nascar last week. Just curious what the peeps here think.

I say yes...

The Chase should always be the goal. Positive growth for any team is always healthy for keeping the dream alive.

Aren't those back marker teams only playing for 1 or 2 spots , not 16 ? I mean after you take out the Hendrick/Stewart Haas , Gibbs , Roush /Penske spots .

If you improve its not a total waste, but it is freaking disappointing.

Alright...16 teams have the ability and 26 weeks to make it to the chase. If you don't make it in the chase with 16 openings would you consider that a season failure?

I know, let's ask Mikey !!!!

If you're an organization like MWR, yes. Especially when your owner says that the business model doesn't work without making the Chase.

Different deal for teams like Germain Racing and Phil Parsons Racing.

How much could your team really have improved if u have no wins on the season...?
easy, if you have better finishes, you win more money. If you are a start and park, you might be able to pick up a local sponsor and be able to afford to buy enough tires or whatever to run the whole race. If there is a big wreck and you aren't part of it, it is like hitting the jackpot. every place gained it worth thousands. I'm talking 25th place on down. Upper levels are a whole different story. You are shooting for the chase and all the publicity that makes it easier to squeeze money out of sponsors.

Hey look, imagine that, a blowing smoke kybu fan. I like your new avatar. :D

Kyle thanked his loyal fans the other night after his win and also said we are AWESOME !!!! he deserves the best from us.

BTW how do you change the sig under the avatar......................... please help

Kyle thanked his loyal fans the other night after his win and also said we are AWESOME !!!! he deserves the best from us.

BTW how do you change the sig under the avatar......................... please help
Go to the top right of the page, hover over your SN, and in the drop down click on the personal details section and type it in under your avatar.

Last edited:
If one of my drivers doesn't win a race on the year I consider his season a failure. Unless you win a championship or are driving for a lesser team, that's all that matters

It depends. I'd say not making the Chase would be considered a failure for guys like Tony Stewart and Clint Bowyer, not so much for guys like Kyle Larson and Austin Dillon.

42 & 3 will have super success year..... if they continue w/ same performance as 1st 26 races. on ta '15 !

a "good year " is relative ..........for each team. did ya exceed expectations ?
43 & 47 prolly already have.........w/ chase win.

Yeah, anybody who sat there and watched that whole race had to be either a loyal Kyle fan or a masochist. LOL.

Yeah, anybody who sat there and watched that whole race had to be either a loyal Kyle fan or a masochist. LOL.

I kicked back in my Kyle Busch pajamas and relished every boring lap............................. anything for a bow and a burnout Kyle Busch style:headbang:

Kyle18fan.....He was talking to me exclusively. Think Fontana x2. Same time--same place next year. :D

Kyle18fan.....He was talking to me exclusively. Think Fontana x2. Same time--same place next year. :D

I dont forget Fontana Rev, how can I when you remind me every 30 minutes or so :D:XXROFL:

I would have to say if a team misses the Chase regardless of progress/status, it would have to be considered a failure of sorts.

I dont forget Fontana Rev, how can I when you remind me every 30 minutes or so :D:XXROFL:

Pretty damn sure that Kyle pointed at me after waving the flag. Nevermind, when he hung his head out the window just before the go line, and said, "Watch this Rev! Gonna getcha some!!!!"

Pretty damn sure that Kyle pointed at me after waving the flag. Nevermind, when he hung his head out the window just before the go line, and said, "Watch this Rev! Gonna getcha some!!!!"

LOL............................ yer a hoot Rev :laugh::laugh:

I would have to say if a team misses the Chase regardless of progress/status, it would have to be considered a failure of sorts.

Or would it be worse to make the chase and fail miserably early on ???

FenderBumper will be along shortly with a little Kyle Busch trivia................... watch for it

this sure is tha right thread for '14 kybu fans pre-chase reunion ! ----"team season failure " ! :D

this sure is tha right thread for '14 kybu fans pre-chase reunion ! ----"team season failure " ! :D

At least Kyle won a real race this year, the other 2 not so much. Some folks do relish them "top 5" finishes though :D

Depends on the team. Hendrick fails if they don't get all their drivers in the chase. They did. For a team like RPM, getting Alimrola in no matter the circumstances is a huge acheivement same with Dinger at JTG.

Some teams in the back just want to improve year to year while others its imperative to make the chase.

Hmmm imo Larsons 42 - ever seen rly good decisions of his crew chief or kickass pit stops ? Nope.
Yea Larson abused his tires too much sometimes but at some points, cars shouldn't fade as much anymore as the 42 did oh so often.

Hmmm imo Larsons 42 - ever seen rly good decisions of his crew chief or kickass pit stops ? Nope.
Yea Larson abused his tires too much sometimes but at some points, cars shouldn't fade as much anymore as the 42 did oh so often.
Welcome to the forum BlackMasakari . Interesting take .

Or would it be worse to make the chase and fail miserably early on ???

FenderBumper will be along shortly with a little Kyle Busch trivia................... watch for it

Tough call. I don't want to find out.

At least Kyle won a real race this year, the other 2 not so much. Some folks do relish them "top 5" finishes though :D

Uh, would you be talking about Fontana my friend? I believe it is time for us to start talking about me being the reason Kyle is in the Chase. Revman Nation.

Back
Top Bottom