Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, F1 is intereting but no big deal

• No, I am on the wrong board by mistake

• Total voters
F

F1 seattle

So do you think there will be a US team? I think they are right in the fact that it would have to be based in the US to garnner the intrest level (money) that they want.

I would base the team somewhere in north carolina, give factory tours , the whole bit. Sign UPS to be my logistics provoider. 6 of the 17 are outside europe anyway, and talk of china, bahrain, and turky make the euro base lass important. What the heck, take a Mercedes engine and badge it as dodge, and sweettalk Goodyear into F1.

now whos got my 350 mil ???

It would be great to see a USA team in Formula 1. The one thing that will probably never happen is the having the team based out of North Carolina. If there was a USA formula1 team it probably be based out of Indy since almost every Open-wheel team in North America is based out of Indy.

I would love to see a US F1 team. I'll chip in $20.

I don't think Goodyear would get involved, they don't seem to like competition.

USA in F1 racing would be awesome. Who would come up with that kind of cash though and who would build the cars????

Ford or Dodge maybe????

How about UPS or Fedex as a sponsor! Those company's are still making tons of money!

I say they would have to get a big name driver and not one of these rookie young kids though! It will help with the sponsorship to have a big name driver! I bet Jeff Gordon would test for sure! I heard him in a recent interview on Speedvision. He said he didnt want to go to Cart for 2 years just to have a shot at a test! If someone gives him a test right away and he aces it he might just decide to do it!

PLEASE!!! You couldn't take Jeff Gordon and put him into a F1 car. He would never cut it. When the U.S. Grand Prix was here last year a reporter asked Micheal Shumacher if he thought he could beat Jeff Gordon. Micheal just replied, "Who's Jeff Gordon?" I love Nascar as much as the rest but the drivers whould have to spend alot of time in an open wheel car before considering them a spot. Maybe Tony Stewart because he's run competitivly on the road courses and has indy experience. But most likely someone like Paul Tracy or Micheal Andretti (hey like father like son).

I don't even think Tracy or Andretti would cut it either.

There just isn't any American who really sticks out that I think can handle this task. I mean I'm all for an American team. You could run a ford with the car (there getting into engines next year anyway) so there's the engine also, but who could you get to drive it? I would like some of your opinions. We've already said Jeff and Tony, but I think your going to have to have people with more experience in something open wheel and on Road Courses. Which I think would be Cart, but of course most of the drivers aren't American. So I would like to here some input on this.

I think the CART series is probably the best option as well. Although, I don't think there's necessarily any qualified American drivers at this time. I also think F1 success is as much a factor of how much money is pumped into the team as having a skilled driver. Schumacher, as good as he is, would not be successful on a poorly funded team, so you need to have both the $$$ and the right driver. That would be a tough hill to climb but I would love to see an American team give it a shot. Maybe there's a young guy coming up throught the ranks of the Toyota Atlantic>Indy Lights>CART series? It also wouldn't hurt to have a driver that has some open wheel experience over in Europe racing Formula 3000 or something.

Back
Top Bottom