Team X climbs to 12th in points chase

H

HardScrabble

Some of you might not be familiar with Team X. The team and its driver, Driver X, were created by StockCarFans website. While the team manages to qualify for every race and demonstrates some competence on track they do have some struggles. Despite this they remain the model of consistency in one area. Team X always finshes the race as the last car on the lead lap, or the first car one lap down, take your pick. However in doing this they never lead a lap and obviously never lead the most laps.

The report following the Chicago race

Driver X after Chicago

Team X headed to Chicago needing a great finish. Mr. X drove hard all day, missed some wrecks, and ended up 15th at the end of the day. 15th is 118 points, which brings his points total to 2038. Last week, he was 15th in points, this week, he jumps up to 12th in the standings! He is only 76 behind Dale Jarrett in 11th, and 181 out of the top 10 in points. He has an average finish of 16.6. The team now heads to the "Magic Mile" in Louon, NH where the team finished 20th in 2001.

HardScrabble,
For the first time one of your posts has confused me. Now I've gotta go and check who's in 12th in the points and see if I can break the code of this post.

For a complete rundown on the team and driver, you can find everything there is to know here:

Driver X

Hiya strids,

Thought ya might the concept intersting. With your talent for unique appraches to this kind of deal, you might come up with an even more fascinating team.:)

OK HardScrabble,
That link knocked some of the rust off of my steel trap, I just felt like I was out in left field someplace.

Originally posted by Walrus_3
OK HardScrabble,
That link knocked some of the rust off of my steel trap, I just felt like I was out in left field someplace.

Been out there myself Walrus, gets dem crowded don't it!:D

so these are stats of a fictitious team that finishes on the tail end of the lead lap or the first car a lap down. with this sort of cosistency, he can be in the top 15 in points for the end of the season.;)

HS,
Ow, Pinch, Push, Shove. Move over dem it! Yeah, it sure do!

Hey, watch where you're putting your feet! That's my foot your stepping on.

ROTFL ---- WTG, HS. My brain wasn't functioning either. Not enough coffee this AM.

okay 12th in points is ryan newman ----jeez u had me going for a sec

Up until Ryan Newman I was still confused....It would have been easier just saying "I DNF nearly every race"...wait now im confused again that doesnt make sense...It says x finishes every race...Dang im soooo confused and hard headed.

So in other words they just made a fake driver up by making him the last guy to finish on the lead lap each race. So looking at this season, this fictional driver would be 12th in the points. That's cool. Howabout the last guy to finish just one lap down, where would he be in the points?

Back
Top Bottom