Terry Labonte looking to extend contract

W

Ward Burton

JASKI.COM

Terry Labonte looking to extend contract thru 2004 UPDATE longer?: Terry Labonte, a two-time champ, is negotiating with Hendrick Motorsports for a one-year extension of his contract to drive the #5 Kellogg's Chevrolet.(Sporting News)(2-20-2003)
UPDATE: Rejunivated Terry Labonte is in contract talks with Hendrick Motorsports. Labonte's current contract runs out at the end of this year. An announcement is expected in the next few weeks for a three or four year deal.(Insider Racing News)(6-23-2003)

He needs a contract extension after this year I think, your alls thoughts?

3 more years!!!! I figure he would be one of the next to retire in the next 2 years!

Really, if you where Hendrick would you give this guy a contract extension based past performance? His contract is up soon and now he starts driving hard? Another ride buyer using the Kellogs money.

I've always liked Terry but unfortunately he's well past his prime. I'd like to see him get one year and for him to announce it's his last. He's just keeping the seat warm for Kyle Bush or the next youngster with more nerve than brains.

If the Burton Brothers retired, then my fave would be Terry...I like him...he is STILL a good driver...and he can STILL win races, and maybe a championship.

Back
Top Bottom