Texas Motor Speedway No Limits Next

Quite possibly the last track on the schedule to rip out seats to add a bar area. Threadworthy? 🥱🥱

Gossage (what is he still doing there I thought he quit) said the Speedway Club is already sold out for next March, so they are building a terrace below.

The All Star face pulled in almost 2.5 million viewers for an exhibition race. That was similar to Kansas, Darlington, way more than Dover (rain) and Martinsville, Nashville, Sonoma, Bristol dirt, Richmond. So please tell me how nobody watches the Texas race because it is so terrible. lol

Gossage (what is he still doing there I thought he quit) said the Speedway Club is already sold out for next March, so they are building a terrace below.
...Texas is getting a March date?

Two of the tweets are from 2019.
FTf7ehMUYAADLM4.jpeg

The All Star face pulled in almost 2.5 million viewers for an exhibition race. That was similar to Kansas, Darlington, way more than Dover (rain) and Martinsville, Nashville, Sonoma, Bristol dirt, Richmond. So please tell me how nobody watches the Texas race because it is so terrible. lol
Just cause alot of folks watched it, doesn’t mean the race is good. The race sucked lol.

Of course. You would think people would quit watching...but they must suffer thru it.
Also to be fair. This season we have a new car, folks could’ve watched to see if the new car could save the track, and well it didn’t. You have to keep that in mind. I know I watched it because I had hopes for the car.

Also to be fair. This season we have a new car, folks could’ve watched to see if the new car could save the track, and well it didn’t. You have to keep that in mind. I know I watched it because I had hopes for the car.
yeah that's it.

I posted what I know, maybe the numbers are wrong
Lol man. I gave a possible reason, and you’re writing it off. The new car improved other races that normally have been snoozers. So it’s reasonable to think folks thought Texas could be saved by the car. So folks tuned in to watch and see. Race was boring af. Now yeah maybe folks watched because they some how enjoy Texas, maybe folks watched because they just watch everything no matter how good or bad it is. You or me can’t be sure why people watched. I’m not gonna discredit your opinion of why, so please don’t discredit mine. Neither of us know for a fact why they watched. We only know they did. That’s it.

Like I said. I posted what I know, maybe the numbers were wrong. I'm not going to argue with your opinion of the race. It was an exhibition race and not a regular season race and despite all of the negative comments about the All star race and the crappy track the numbers above show that the numbers were good. Take that as ya want

Like I said. I posted what I know, maybe the numbers were wrong. I'm not going to argue with your opinion of the race. It was an exhibition race and not a regular season race and despite all of the negative comments about the All star race and the crappy track the numbers above show that the numbers were good. Take that as ya want
I never said the numbers were wrong Lmao. I gave an OPINION of why the numbers were what they were. That it’s. Do you actually understand now?

Of course. You would think people would quit watching...but they must suffer thru it.
Millions eat McDonald's every day. Tell me there aren't better alternatives.

The All-Star race is packed full of gimmicks, like prizes in a Happy Meal. And some people think a $1M payoff is a reason to tune in. The racing isn't reflective of a 400-mile race.

The All-Star race is packed full of gimmicks, like prizes in a Happy Meal. And some people think a $1M payoff is a reason to tune in. The racing isn't reflective of a 400-mile race.
Yeah I think nobody but casuals, old people and clowns watched the All Star race. REAL fans didn't tune in to the All Star race unless they got a check in the mail first.

Fox was so happy with the ratings that they are looking to move the All Star Race from Texas. So what constitutes a good race for some here, is it ratings on TV or attendance? I think advocating for both is very convenient depending what side of the argument you’re on. Personally I thought the race this year was terrible until that caution debacle at the end created whatever it created. I know I won’t be sad if the race that had such high ratings this year is moved and I can probably guess other fans as well as those in the industry I follow on social media will probably feel the same.

Not for them it seems

Fox was so happy with the ratings that they are looking to move the All Star Race from Texas. So what constitutes a good race for some here, is it ratings on TV or attendance? I think advocating for both is very convenient depending what side of the argument you’re on. Personally I thought the race this year was terrible until that caution debacle at the end created whatever it created. I know I won’t be sad if the race that had such high ratings this year is moved and I can probably guess other fans as well as those in the industry I follow on social media will probably feel the same.
oh goody a what came first the chicken or the egg deal. Wonder what that said about Charlotte in the first place, you'll figure it out

oh goody a what came first the chicken or the egg deal. Wonder what that said about Charlotte in the first place, you'll figure it out
I’m having trouble wrapping my head around the chicken or egg deal, I’m not a farm boy but wait, so you’re denying that Fox said this? I’m not saying you’re wrong at all about the ratings , but why would Fox consider moving this ratings bonanza that you said it was if the racing wasn’t good there for fans watching on tv or those in attendance?

I’m having trouble wrapping my head around the chicken or egg deal, I’m not a farm boy but wait, so you’re denying that Fox said this? I’m not saying you’re wrong at all about the ratings , but why would Fox consider moving this ratings bonanza that you said it was if the racing wasn’t good there for fans watching on tv or those in attendance?
You will have to ask Fox why they want to move it and BTW see if you can ask them why they moved it out of Charlotte in the first place

I love McDonals, I only have it once every few months though.

You will have to ask Fox why they want to move it and BTW see if you can ask them why they moved it out of Charlotte in the first place
I don’t have a direct line to Fox I’m afraid. I wouldn’t pretend to know why the race was initially moved out of Charlotte, I remember reading a “schedule refresh”, which is fine don’t have a problem with it. I know some years there were some stinkers, but I think you’ll have that in the long history of them hosting the race. I guess my question is did you think the Texas All Star Race was good this year? If you did I’m not here to try to change your thinking, but I’m not sure Fox would agree with you if you thought it was good despite the ratings numbers you touted.

I don’t have a direct line to Fox I’m afraid. I wouldn’t pretend to know why the race was initially moved out of Charlotte, I remember reading a “schedule refresh”, which is fine don’t have a problem with it. I know some years there were some stinkers, but I think you’ll have that in the long history of them hosting the race. I guess my question is did you think the Texas All Star Race was good this year? If you did I’m not here to try to change your thinking, but I’m not sure Fox would agree with you if you thought it was good despite the ratings numbers you touted.
Well you seem to be speaking for Fox again so I was confused. still am

Well you seem to be speaking for Fox again so I was confused. still am
I hope this eases the confusion. My whole reply to you was based around this tweet from Adam Stern quoted by a network executive. In no way shape or form am I speaking for anyone except what this tweet is about. Apologies if I came off as speaking for Fox. I would however think its totally appropriate on a message board for the sake of conversation to base a statement or a thought process from this very tweet.

Back
Top Bottom