Texas Motor Speedway to be home of world's largest video board

Do you guys like the one at Charlotte? I dont.

At least for watching it from your tv I dont. Maybe its the location of it but its just wierd to me.

Announcement isn't until 6:30 PM *Central* Time. Did Autoweek just screw up their embargo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that teaser vid on the autoweek site works, but isn't listed on the public videos that TMS uploaded. I bet the staffers at Autoweek screwed up the embargo and set everything to publish at 6:30 PM Eastern instead of Central. Nowadays a website will get all the material ahead of time and have the publishing put in an automated queue so it all hits at the exact time the embargo is lifted.

Apple is the king of this. TMS ... not so much apparently. They're still hyping their big announcement at 6:30 PM Central on their twitter page, telling people to tune in live on the TMS website.

At least for watching it from your tv I dont. Maybe its the location of it but its just wierd to me.
I'm confused. Watching it from your TV? I think it's there for the people at the track. I haven't been there since they installed the thing but it looks like it would be great for the fans attending.

LOL at the 'artist rendering'

Well, Nascar can't be doing that badly if they can afford to do this.

I'm confused. Watching it from your TV? I think it's there for the people at the track. I haven't been there since they installed the thing but it looks like it would be great for the fans attending.

Yeah that's what I'm saying.

For people attending it may be fine but for people watching it on TV, the glare makes it look too dark or too reddish when the camera switches to that part of the track.

I fail to see how having it directly behind the seats is a good idea. They should put it in the infield instead. No one wants to have to turn and twist their neck every time they want to take a look.

I fail to see how having it directly behind the seats is a good idea. They should put it in the infield instead. No one wants to have to turn and twist their neck every time they want to take a look.

Then it would block the view of the track. Maybe they could hang it like a giant bedroom mirror. ;)

Ah ok. Makes sense. Feel bad for the people on the backstretch though.

I think it's great. The nice thing about it is you can see from the whole front stretch whereas when they had a couple of smaller ones positioned at various locations you only had a good view of those from certain sections.

According to TMS's website, the spring Cup race will be on Sunday instead of Saturday night like the past few years due to the Final Four. Booooo.

Ah ok. Makes sense. Feel bad for the people on the backstretch though.
TMS tore out backstretch seating long ago. What is left is strictly for the RV's. I forget the price tag, but you get 5 rows of seating, the RV space, and now a super-jumbo-tron over your head.

According to TMS's website, the spring Cup race will be on Sunday instead of Saturday night like the past few years due to the Final Four. Booooo.

I wonder which race is moving to a night race. I've been hearing one night race will become a day race and one day race will become a night race.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ascar-indycar-schedule-eddie-gossage/2855955/

[
Texas Motor Speedway also revealed changes to its schedule next season. Its spring Sprint Cup race, which had been run on Saturday night the past three seasons, will be shifted in a one-time move to Sunday afternoon, April 6 to avoid a conflict with the NCAA Final Four (which will be played April 5 at AT&T Stadium).

"I bet there's a lot of racing fans who would get a kick out of coming for a race weekend and also take in the Final Four," Gossage said. "Vice versa, we've already heard from seven corporations that wanted to hold some activity at the speedway Sunday on the day between the semifinal and final. We did a number of those on Super Bowl weekend (in 2011). So if we move the race to Sunday, we can sell them some hospitality and put together a marketing plan to advertise in the four cities represented by the Final Four to make sure those fans know one of the biggest Sprint Cup races is going on."
/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom