Texas Race Thread

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Does anyone know how Pippa qualified this weekend?

I didn't even know they were racing in Texas till I seen a Indy show car at Cook Childrens Hospital on Thursday when I was getting my kid out.

I didn't even know they were racing in Texas till I seen a Indy show car at Cook Childrens Hospital on Thursday when I was getting my kid out.

Amazing how little attention ESPN/ABC pays to IndyCar. It's ridiculous, even moreso when you realize this is the first primetime IndyCar broadcast on free network TV.

Amazing how little attention ESPN/ABC pays to IndyCar. It's ridiculous, even moreso when you realize this is the first primetime IndyCar broadcast on free network TV.

What's even more rediculous is I live probably a little less than a hour from the track and basically no promotion of the truck or indy races here.Maybe 3 or 4 billboards around town.

I hope everything is ok with your youngster. I had noticed that you haven't been on here for a while.

I hope everything is ok with your youngster. I had noticed that you haven't been on here for a while.

Yeah he tried bareback bucking horses around the 1st of last month.Got hung up and stepped on.After almost being all the way healed from that 3 weeks later he got staph infection where the horse broke the skin.Memorial Day morning he got admitted into the hospital and finally got to come home Thursday.Going back to see the doc on Tues hopefully for the final time.

Yeah and with Texas being the first oval since Indy makes it even more of a failed oppertunity.

I hope he fully recovers, does he have a bandage wrap over the staph infection? I remember my uncle had to have his whole arm wrapped when he had a staph infection.

Yeah and with Texas being the first oval since Indy makes it even more of a failed oppertunity.

I hope he fully recovers, does he have a bandage wrap over the staph infection? I remember my uncle had to have his whole arm wrapped when he had a staph infection.

Yeah they still have some gauze in that we have to pull out monday then go back Tues. and have the doc put the final ok on it.

Most of these IndyCar races are promoted terribly. I remember there was complaints from IndyCar fans in SoCal about how little the Fontana race was promoted last year. You can't complain about how "nobody watches IndyCar anymore" when these tracks and promoters are treating IndyCar like a fifth-tier racing series. You reap what you sow, as they say.

To his credit, Michael Andretti promotes the race in Milwaukee amazingly. TV commercials, newspaper ads, radio ads are everywhere, and he and Mario have done meet-and-greets and Q&A things around the city for months to build up this thing. Michael said he made money on the IndyFest last year when it looked like only 20,000 people were in the stands, but that was after a two hour rain delay. When you're promoting live music and carnaval rides along with the racing, you're going to get a lot of casual fans and I wonder if many left during the rain delay. I can't wait to see how the IndyFest does this year (hopefully) without any weather problems.

Yeah he tried bareback bucking horses around the 1st of last month.Got hung up and stepped on.After almost being all the way healed from that 3 weeks later he got staph infection where the horse broke the skin.Memorial Day morning he got admitted into the hospital and finally got to come home Thursday.Going back to see the doc on Tues hopefully for the final time.

Best wishes and prayers for your son.

Nobody at the bar to shoot pool with :mad: so I'm back.
Looks like there's less people in the stands at Texas than there was at the pool hall :(

Wow that sux. Staph is nothing to joke about. Good luck!

TK was at mouser thursday and sat in UTA's F2013 car. I live a mile from mouser and missed it.

There was an indy/truck race this weekend?

Come on Bruton/Eddie, you guys are better than this.

Bear in mind, there were only 24 cars in the race. So 5 cars finishing on the lead lap here would be the equivalent of about 9-10 cars finishing on the lead lap in a 43-car NASCAR field.

Back
Top Bottom