Texas Tech beat Texas 39-33

Benevolent One

Team Owner
That was the best game I've seen in years. Texas Tech dominated Texas for most of the game with the exception of a few fluke plays. Still, Texas found a way to take the lead 33-32 with 1:29 left in the game. Texas Tech marched right down the field and won it with a great 28 yard touchdown catch with 1 second left. Michael Crabtree made a great catch at the 5-yard line, fought off two tacklers to stay in bounds, and got into the end zone. I watched the last 5 minutes of the game standing up because I just couldn't sit down with all that excitement going on.

I wasn't really a fan of either team going in, but I became a fan of Texas Tech pretty quickly with the way they played right off the bat. They just played harder and faster than Texas did. It seemed pretty obvious that Tech wanted this game a lot more than Texas did.

I was switching back and forth from the OU game to this one. I almost hit the sack early after the OU game was over but am glad that I waited til midnight so I could see the end. That was quite a finish for sure.

When it was over, I was thinking how will the polls be tomorrow. Will Texas slip back below OU? How far up will TT go? Will OU slip down in the polls even with such a big win. Well, at the moment, only two polls have been released. The AP has TT in 3rd and OU slipped from 4th to 6th. UT is just above in 5th. USA Today has TT in 3rd and OU still in 4th. UT slipped to 7th. Florida and USC moved ahead of OU in the AP poll. Later today, the BCS poll will be available and it will be interesting to see what those computers say.

UT has gone through the hardest part of their schedule and should be favored to win the final games. TT still has to fave OK State and OU. OU has TT and OK State as well and OK State well, you get the message. Between the three of those teams, someone will be eliminated and in the end, it could be a team with only one loss along with UT. I think that both Oklahoma teams will be pretty much out of the conference title since they both have lost to UT, but if TT loses just one of the games remaining, I think they will have the inside track to the title game against the North. Some interesting possibilities the rest of the season.

I was pulling for TT. But, then I pull for any team playing a Mack Brown coached team...

Oh and the standings as of 11/2
1. Alabama (46) 9-0 1,600
2. Texas Tech (12) 9-0 1,528
3. Penn State (6) 9-0 1,525
4. Florida (1) 7-1 1,398
5. Texas 8-1 1,353
6. Oklahoma 8-1 1,324
7. USC 7-1 1,250
8. Oklahoma State 8-1 1,198
9. Boise State 8-0 1,030
10. Utah 9-0 1,028
11. TCU 9-1 958
12. Ohio State 7-2 898
13. Missouri 7-2 830
14. Georgia 7-2 808
15. LSU 6-2 746
16. Ball State 8-0 594
17. Brigham Young 8-1 536
18. Michigan State 8-2 456
19. North Carolina 6-2 418
20. West Virginia 6-2 303

bp, that poll really doesn't count. It's the BCS poll that counts and the only time that one counts is when the last college game is played. All these polls are good for are bragging rights before the season ends.

True but I'd love to see JoePa in another Championship game. And if its against Alabama that'd be OK too.

If you listen to ESPN radio, which I think you said you did, then you'll know that the talk is that the computer just doesn't think that much of Penn State.

Also, the computer doesn't take into consideration the scores of the games so a one point victory is as good as a forty point victory.

Also, Alabama seems to have the easier of the rest of the schedule, but the games with LSU and Auburn just will never be a given. Penn State might have a problem with Iowa and their last game against Michigan State could be for all the marbles.

What's going to happen if Utah and Boise State both finish the season undefeated? They aren't in the BCS so they can't go to the title game, but it would be a real problem with the BCS if they finish the only two teams undefeated. :cool:

When Boise and Utah or any of the other mid-majors start playing an SEC, Big10 or even an ACC like schedule then they have an argument. Is there any argument that even Weak Forest would mop up with either of their schedules?

Yeah, Iowa could be tough but penn State sahould take care of them.

Alabama vs Penn State for all the marbles.....but not my marbles, no one gets them.
358c2dk.jpg

Yeah, Iowa could be tough but penn State sahould take care of them.

Alabama vs Penn State for all the marbles.....but not my marbles, no one gets them.
358c2dk.jpg

Hmmm, a jar only half filled with marbles...that could explain a lot...:D

Off topic.........My son told me that his daughter (attending UNC), our granddaughter, got 6 tickets for the UNC vs Oral Roberts basketball game in December. So, we will be going to see UNC play again. :)

Back
Top Bottom