That Oil Light

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was carpooling with my friend Craig, he noticed that the "Check oil" light was on. He pulled into the gas station, got out of the car, opened the hood, checked the engine oil, closed the hood, then got back into the car.

"Can we make a quick stop?" He asked.

"Sure," I replied, "what did you need to do?"

"I need to stop by the auto parts place to get a longer dipstick."

"What do you need a longer one for?" I inquired.

"Because the one I got isn't long enough to reach the oil!"

I drive a Pontiac and hardly check the oil, cause it dont use hardly any at all.

seems like when we had a Ford Probe we had to add oil to it once a week, and put speedy dry on the garage floor to soak up all the oil it leeked.

GM FOREVER

I have a 88 Silverado with 218,000 miles that uses a quart or two between changes, 88 Olds Delta Royale with 226,000 miles that does not use any oil between changes, and a 98 Buick Lesabre with 101,000 that does not use oil. GM RULES!! Roger

RACER35 said:
I have a 88 Silverado with 218,000 miles that uses a quart or two between changes, 88 Olds Delta Royale with 226,000 miles that does not use any oil between changes, and a 98 Buick Lesabre with 101,000 that does not use oil. GM RULES!! Roger

have a drink one me, fellow GM owner! :beerbang: :beerbang: :D

Better make that drink a YJ Stinger. Y'all gonna need that energy boost to keep pushing!

RACER35 said:

Hell, I've seen Ford trucks with 300,000 on 'em that not only require no oil between oil changes, they produce enough extra oil to keep a brand new Corvette stocked up enough to actually make it to Auto Zone and most of the way back without breaking down.

:eviltongu

EatMorePossum said:
Hell, I've seen Ford trucks with 300,000 on 'em that not only require no oil between oil changes, they produce enough extra oil to keep a brand new Corvette stocked up enough to actually make it to Auto Zone and most of the way back without breaking down.

:eviltongu

is that 300,000 on the same motor or frame? cause iv never seen a ford go much over 150,000 with out having BIG time troble.

Lap3Forever said:
is that 300,000 on the same motor or frame? cause iv never seen a ford go much over 150,000 with out having BIG time troble.

I guess you haven't, what with your head always under that chebbie's hood...hell, I bet you don't even walk totally upright your back's so permanently bent.

:D

And anytime you wanna see one, gimme a call. Got several in the family with way over 150,000. I'll come pick YOU up, that way I know you'll get here. :p

Im wid Roger, GM Rocks
Eric
I knew his truck and and it worked well

Eat more Possom im with lap 3 forever
I've never seen a ford with over 150,000 miles without having serious trouble
my friend's dad had a ford and it died before there was 100,000 miles on it

Back
Top Bottom