That was fun!

• Thread starter 4xchampncountin
  • Start date

4xchampncountin

I just got back from playing guitar at a blues club. A friend of mine asked me to sit in with his band at a place called "The Nut House". I hadn't played out in years. I was a little rusty at first and I had some trouble hearing myself sing, but after a while I really got to playing great. It was VERY cool!:) :) :)

Sounds cool. I just started playing bass about a month ago, and have had a great time playing it. My fingers hurt at the begining but it was worth it :)

I started playing bass 18 years ago or so. I switched to the six string a few years later because I was tired of the band scene. I just wanted to play for my own enjoyment, I ended up playing lead guitar in a band for like 5 years. But, that was several years ago. My advise to you gordon24fan is to always challenge yourself on the bass. Try playing stuff like old Rush tunes. If you only play the easy stuff, you can get bored really easily.

Ya 4x,I played in a house band for 5 yrs.I miss those days,I just play around the campfire now.I play an Alverez Dy90,And a Fender Strat.Sang Lead.Eagles,38 Special Alabama,Skynard,Bob Segar,CCR.etc.:D

Right on.

Always wanted to play in front of people, always been in a garage without an audience.

Paul I played to a lot of Toolboxs,and Paint cans from the age of 13 to 21,Then I hit the clubs,for 15 yrs.By the 3rd set we could have sang Old Mc DONALD had a farm,And they would have thought we were the greatest band around.:p My lead player Played for Confederate Railroad when they were big.

I started a set with Life By The Drop from Stevie Ray Vaughan. I tried having the bass player and drummer follow along, but they had never heard the song and so it didn't go over very well. I followed with Turn The Page and that was much better. The band knew the song and it is always a crowd favorite. I then sat out for a few songs. Then I just got back up and just totally jammed out. I just told the guys we were going to do some 12 bar blues in A and just follow my lead. I started out with a screaming lick of my own and then they just followed along great. The house was jumpin within seconds. I started feeding off of it and it was likea drug man. I just played better trying to give them more because of they way they were responding. It was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom