The 2024 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest thread

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
The 2024 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest thread.

Scheduled for July 4th.

Joey Chestnut has won the contest 16 times and is still adding to his total.
He also holds the record for eating a total of 76 hotdogs during a single contest.

For some perspective: Babe Ruth, Micheal Jordan and Tom Brady have won a combined total of 20 professional championships. Chestnut could possibly match their combined totals.

The great Kobayashi has officially retired. He represents so much hope. Jaw arthritis slowed him down during his later years and perhaps Jeff Burton will get the jaw arthritis too believe it is all over and be forced to retire early.

This one was a classic.

Chestnut is the GOAT but Kobayashi had so much charisma and just many records would have Chestnut had broken if Kobayashi's jaw would have remained healthy to push him.

I think he had more than the 76 dogs in him and could have surpassed the 90 mark if he had been pushed.

It's time to put the dagger to this thread.

Sorry, @Greg.

A sad day in America.
But we made it through all the other July 4ths prior to Chestnut's historic run and by the grace of God we will carry on......
..even if with a temporary period of great sadness.

It seems fitting for the Chestnut chapter to close with a record of 76 hot dogs to coincide with the year 1776.

Somehow, some way we will carry on. We will never quit as long as there are hot dogs to eat and men and wimmins with the passion to eat as many as possibile the spirit of passion of Chestnut that beats in our hearts will carry on.

God bless America, the flag, apple pie, hot dogs, and Coca Cola.

If they would just take away the pitcher of water the use to dunk them in,
then and only then, its somewhat watchable.

Maybe Chestnut will still be there. This all could be a publicity stunt to gain attention

Gotta say, they made a business decision here and I think that’s fine. They had already agreed to pay an increased appearance fee for Joey, but the sponsorship conflict is pretty clear and I can’t blame them for sticking to their guns and probably contractual terms too.

I think it may be a mistake for Kobayashi to keep on competing. He is 46 years old and past his prime. He has already expressed concerns about his stomach along with suffering from the jaw arthritis.

I think Kobayashi had more finesse and better mechanics than Chestnut. Kobayashi had that swagger and charisma but his frame and structure is just no match for a beast like the 6 foot 4 inch Chestnut. Kobayashi just doesn't have a big enough tank to compete against Chestnut

If there is a dangerous shark in the water just pust Chestnut in the water and let him eat the shark.

Much respect for Kobayashi one of the greats but it is time to go out now with some dignity.

I think it may be a mistake for Kobayashi to keep on competing. He is 46 years old and past his prime. He has already expressed concerns about his stomach along with suffering from the jaw arthritis.

I think Kobayashi had more finesse and better mechanics than Chestnut. Kobayashi had that swagger and charisma but his frame and structure is just no match for a beast like the 6 foot 4 inch Chestnut. Kobayashi just doesn't have a big enough tank to compete against Chestnut

If there is a dangerous shark in the water just pust Chestnut in the water and let him eat the shark.

Much respect for Kobayashi one of the greats but it is time to go out now with some dignity.

Isn't there some kind of surgery for Kobayash, like neck rotator cup surgery? Surely something can be done.

Isn't there some kind of surgery for Kobayash, like neck rotator cup surgery? Surely something can be done.
I think those surgeries require an 18 month rehab. By the time he got there he would be 48 and have gone without the stomach stretching exercises for an extended time and it will have shrunk back to civilian standards.

Another thing is Chestnut is signed up with some unpatriotic vegan hot dog outfit. I think it be will difficult even for Chestnut to eat at the same pace. I am betting this contest can be won by eating less than 50 hotdogs. It will be like restrictor plates meats up with high speed hot dog eating.

The slower pace could help Kobayashi's pace with his ailing jaw but then it goes back to his stomach concerns and the increase nausea created from a Vegan hot dog.

Chestnut may have adapted the Vegan technique of don't chew, just swallow during the off season.

Chestnut may have adapted the Vegan technique of don't chew, just swallow during the off season.

On the technical side they say that Stormy Daniel's and some of her colleagues have been approached about the possibility of coaching the eating athletes.

^ An old classic for the ages, one that seperates the men from the boys.

Kobayashi eats more than 10lbs of Cow Brains in 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom