The "3" is back in Victory Lane!

Enjoyed watching this race... congrats to Austin Dillon.

Awesome win, the sport is more fun when RCR wins. And the 3 car is back! Hope Dillon gets another one this year

I had the race on in the background tonight and was only casually paying attention to it until Jimmie ran out of fuel and Austin took the lead, and then I jumped up out of the bed and started cheering as if I had never stopped watching NASCAR. Ha ha.

I was never an Earnhardt Sr. fan, but seeing the 3 back in Victory Lane is pretty cool. Congrats, Austin!

Congrats to RC and AD. It was only a matter of time. It's good to see the youngin's getting W's.

I'm glad Jeff mentioned it last night, but that car was damn good last night. You could just see how easily Austin was driving it, that thing was really well setup

Never thought that it would happen but it did the 3 car is back in victory lane

A nice surprise. Congratulations to Austin Dillion, team and fans.

Glad to see Austin Dillon get a win. Looks like RCR is turned around in the right direction.

Social media, and elements of actual media, have been a disappointment. Austin Dillon gets his first career win and it was all about Dale Earnhardt and "the 3 car". More than 16 years later and this sport still revolves around Dale Earnhardt.

Glad to see Austin Dillon get a win. Looks like RCR is turned around in the right direction.

Social media, and elements of actual media, have been a disappointment. Austin Dillon gets his first career win and it was all about Dale Earnhardt and "the 3 car". More than 16 years later and this sport still revolves around Dale Earnhardt.

Let's be fair, when Almirola won at Daytona, people focused on Richard Petty and when Blaney wins, we'll hear as repeatedly about the number's history (and David Pearson in particular).

We also watched a man die in an RCR #3, I expect NASCAR to talk about him when an RCR #3 is back in victory lane. NASCAR honors its history and Dale Earnhardt is a 7 time champion and a big part of its history.

Let's be fair, when Almirola won at Daytona, people focused on Richard Petty

Wasn't that 30 years to the day after Richard Petty's last win? I don't honestly remember that race because I was at Smith Mountain Lake that entire weekend consuming an inordinate amount of alcoholic beverages.

when Blaney wins, we'll hear as repeatedly about the number's history (and David Pearson in particular).

When Trevor Bayne won, it was in part abut the Wood Brothers (who are still alive) but also about being a Cinderella story.

Austin Dillon knew he was stepping into a legendary ride when Childress brought the "3" car back to active status. It is now Austin's turn to get a Championship for the "3".

Anyone crying about poor Austin living in the shadow of Dale Earnhardt does not comprehend the obvious -- Austin wanted this; otherwise he could be pursuing "The Ocho" or some other number in somebody else's garage.

===

Great job stepping up and winning your first Cup race, Austin!

LMAO

You can only back yourself into wins so often.
Ryan Newman almost pointed his way to a championship a few years back, anything is possible with this playoff format. All you got to do is make the playoffs, and Austin just did that. Have some good cars come them Final 10 races, and maybe even get a win during it and who knows we could see him go in to Homestead with a chance.

I think Dillon wins another race this year and will make the final 8 in the playoffs. I feel like this win will lead to driver/team having a belief in each other that just wasn't there earlier this year.

Reactions: Pat
Sorry but that just isn't right. IMO
Harvick had lots of wins in that ride, just had a different sticker on it.
Yeah I know, just sharing a tidbit. The car and team have been very successful, buts its been awhile since one with a number 3 sticker has been.

Wasn't that 30 years to the day after Richard Petty's last win? I don't honestly remember that race because I was at Smith Mountain Lake that entire weekend consuming an inordinate amount of alcoholic beverages.
Not quite to the day but very close, Petty's last win was 7/4/84, Almirola's win was on 7/6/14.

I've always thought Dillon was a spoiled little no talent prick but he said in an interview that he's actually tough because when he was a kid his grandpa took him on hard hunting trips. I have a whole new respect for him now.

Back
Top Bottom