the 3 yellow line incidents..

H

hooty3

i just have to pipe in 1 more time on the 3 incidents...thanks to my tivo(did i mention I love this thing!!) i rewinded and watched each at least a few times and here's my take....Jeff did drop below the yellow about half way through the pass..so i think it coulda went either way..Steve had a helluva run on Joe and IMO did it to avoid running into/over Joe....and Jr had 2 things going on with his pass...right as he and sadler were getting to the turn it appears sadler bumped jr because both jr and sadler's car got a bit outta shape(another poster from this board pointed this out and i watched to see and she was right) and while in the act of correcting that, kenseth came whippin down the track at Jr and at the point when Jr's car started dippin below the yellow line he was atleast even if not just ahead of Kenseth(hard to tell from paused image) then went below from the momentum.....i think Nascar made the right call with Jr....the problem I have, is had they made the right calls when it was sterlin,stewart and K.wallace(they were all forced below and shouldn't have been penalized) this wouldn't be an issue, but the fact that they FINALLY made a right call after screwin up past calls has made this a huge issue...plus the fact an earnhardt was involved...;)

i did not post this to try and changed anyones mind, but just to point out a few things that I saw and can honestly say i believe....maybe Nascar will make the right calls more often and get some credibility back(hey, they admitted they were wrong so anything is possible).. :lol: ....oh well, off to work for awhile...see ya ll later and enjoy your day... :)

Good points hooty. Many of the black flags from previous races were incorrect calls. The call on Jr's pass was correct. Kenseth was against the wall and all of a sudden he comes slamming down to try to pinch Jr. By the time kenseth got there Jr was already even with him and going by. It was the correct call.

Does this look like he was already by Kenseth or that Kenseth pinched him below the line? Clearly he wasn't already passed Kenseth. Even if he was he still improved his position on Jimmy Johnson below the yellow line.

Attachments

• blackflag.jpg
    blackflag.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 11
that pic only shows his front fender starting to go below, if you could fast forward just a tad more, you'd be able to see what I was sayin...plus a still photo doesn't show how fast kenseth was comin down the track...again tho...i don't think it will change anyones mind.... :)

That photo shows him going below the yellow line before he passed Kenseth, you're a Dale Jr. fan and can't admit the truth. This one shows him clearly below the yellow line, and advancing his position over Jimmy Johnson as well as Kenseth.

Attachments

• blackflag2.jpg
    blackflag2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 12
And the next still shot of Jr's car is that he is further below the yellow line with plenty of room on the correct side of the yellow line while he improves his position on Jimmie Johnson! That was what stuck in my craw! Earnhardt or not, you improve your position below the yellow line and you should be black flagged! Kenseth is not the player in this that go screwed! JJ did! (BTW this is solely my own personal opinion, and some of you will say a biased one. My husband and I completely disagree with this call!)

Originally posted by Dodge4042@Apr 7 2003, 09:30 AM
That photo shows him going below the yellow line before he passed Kenseth, you're a Dale Jr. fan and can't admit the truth. This one shows him clearly below the yellow line, and advancing his position over Jimmy Johnson as well as Kenseth.
you just showed how new you are here...i am a Jr fan...der...but i'm not defending jr, I'm defending the pass and nascar's call...if i had it my way, anyone but jr would have won the race with the same pass and I'd still defend it....get off "you are a Jr fan kick"...that has nothin to do with what I'm saying and have been saying... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dodge4042@Apr 7 2003, 09:30 AM
This one shows him clearly below the yellow line, and advancing his position over Jimmy Johnson as well as Kenseth.
come on, the banking gives the illusion jimmy jam is ahead of jr and matt...

;)

Originally posted by hooty3181529+Apr 7 2003, 12:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hooty3181529 @ Apr 7 2003, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Dodge4042@Apr 7 2003, 09:30 AM
This one shows him clearly below the yellow line, and advancing his position over Jimmy Johnson as well as Kenseth.
come on, the banking gives the illusion jimmy jam is ahead of jr and matt...

;) [/b][/quote]
:bslfag:

The pure fact is this.Just turn it around:Had Jr not went below the yellow line....would he have passed Jimmie or Matt?

Unarguable.No he would not have.The subject should end here.Jr.made it very clear in post race comments that any 'son of a guns,' that dont agree with what he did can 'go to hell'.Pretty plain spoken. :bslfag:

Back
Top Bottom