The Best of Tony Stewart

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
I know there's a thread about Homestead being Smoke's last race as full time driver already, but this one is about remembering the best races of his career.

races like...

Sonoma 2016, probably his last Cup win

Homestead 2011, his 3rd Cup Championship win

the Pikes Peak IRL race 1997, the 1st of Tony's 3 IRL wins (He lead 193 out of 200 laps.)

I was pulling for Edwards in 2011.... but how Tony won all those races and he and Edwards tied for points..... that was pretty crazy..... I wanted Edwards to win... all I had on my mind and I'm sure Carl did too.... If he had just finished any of the last races one position better..... he would have won by 1 point...... :( But.... as it was.. Tony drove like a banshee and managed to win...... It was all fair and square......

I was pulling for Edwards in 2011.... but how Tony won all those races and he and Edwards tied for points..... that was pretty crazy..... I wanted Edwards to win... all I had on my mind and I'm sure Carl did too.... If he had just finished any of the last races one position better..... he would have won by 1 point...... :( But.... as it was.. Tony drove like a banshee and managed to win...... It was all fair and square......
That 2011 homestead race is still hard to watch..

“I would really like to have a sense of what it feels like to race those cars,” said Stewart. “It’s like you and I have talked about more than once: I feel like I was born 20 years too late. Maybe 30 years in that case.”

Stewart said he’ll be focused on the job at hand.

“All I care about is driving that car and trying to get sense of what it would feel like to drive that thing in 1961,” he said.
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...dy-500-winning-car-nascar-indianapolis-050317

Back
Top Bottom