The Big Streak...

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Monday night the women's basketball team for UConn broke it's own record for the longest winning streak of 70 wins and now have 71 wins in a row. If you listen to any sports radio talk, this is big news...right Muggle. My question, why is this such a big deal? It just goes to show you how much they try to push this game down our throats. I don't recall hearing anything about the 102 straight wins this past December for the women's volley ball team at Penn St. How about the women's lacrosse team at Maryland with their record streak? How about Stanford womens soccer streak? There are as many other winning streaks as there are sports for women. But then again, I do know why they are shoving women's basketball down our throats. As for me, I'd much rather watch women's volley ball, especially if played on the beach. :beerbang:

Monday night the women's basketball team for UConn broke it's own record for the longest winning streak of 70 wins and now have 71 wins in a row. If you listen to any sports radio talk, this is big news...right Muggle. My question, why is this such a big deal? It just goes to show you how much they try to push this game down our throats. I don't recall hearing anything about the 102 straight wins this past December for the women's volley ball team at Penn St. How about the women's lacrosse team at Maryland with their record streak? How about Stanford womens soccer streak? There are as many other winning streaks as there are sports for women. But then again, I do know why they are shoving women's basketball down our throats. As for me, I'd much rather watch women's volley ball, especially if played on the beach. :beerbang:

Not that I watch Womens basketball, UCONN is the team I love to hate. Just like Jimmie Johnson, I get tired of hearing about them. They are both heads and tails better than everyone else, and it irritates the fool out of me. They have not been challenged at all this year, they probrably will win it all. They must not get too over confident, or they could end up like the Patriots when they were going for perfect, and someone jumped up and punched the right in the sweet spot.

Not that I watch Womens basketball, UCONN is the team I love to hate. Just like Jimmie Johnson, I get tired of hearing about them. They are both heads and tails better than everyone else, and it irritates the fool out of me. They have not been challenged at all this year, they probrably will win it all. They must not get too over confident, or they could end up like the Patriots when they were going for perfect, and someone jumped up and punched the right in the sweet spot.
Can't say that I know much about them because I don't and won't watch women try to play basketball.

Speaking of which, I heard today that Marion Jones, that of the disgraced Olympians, is going to try to make the WNBA. Does anyone really watch that? Anyway, she last played competitively in '97 when she was playing for the NC Tarheels championship team.

Why did I even add that last part? Somebody smack me.... please! :headbang:

Can't say that I know much about them because I don't and won't watch women try to play basketball.

Speaking of which, I heard today that Marion Jones, that of the disgraced Olympians, is going to try to make the WNBA. Does anyone really watch that? Anyway, she last played competitively in '97 when she was playing for the NC Tarheels championship team.

Here, I can help. :owquitit::owquitit::owquitit:

This year's team is pretty darn good. However, the U-Conn Women's team of 2001 - 2002 was better in my opinion and was probably the best women's team ever. Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones and Tamika Williams, all on one team were great.

Here, I can help. :owquitit::owquitit::owquitit:

This year's team is pretty darn good. However, the U-Conn Women's team of 2001 - 2002 was better in my opinion and was probably the best women's team ever. Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones and Tamika Williams, all on one team were great.
Oh Lord, why did I ask? :cuckoo:

Refresh my memory, what did she do? Besides winning a championship for THE University of North Carolina!!!

Refresh my memory, what did she do? Besides winning a championship for THE University of North Carolina!!!
I seen her play a number of games. Yeah, she was good but was also "trash". I don't recall ever seeing a player as arrogant and as poor a sport as she was. They should have kept her in jail longer. She is a proven cheat and lord knows what all she was involved in with her ex husband.

Ethics?. She is at the bottom of the pile.

I like to watch women's college basketball when there is a good game on. I personally like Tennessee, mostly because of Pat Summitt. I also root for them because they are traditionally the biggest rival for UConn. I've cheered for UConn when Rebecca Lobo and, later, Diana Taurasi were there. I appreciate excellence, and therefore I cheered them in spite of their coach (Geno Auriema (sp?)) who is an arrogant bastard with really bad hair.

The only game that excites me much this year is if UConn meets Nebraska who is also undefeated. Of course, Tennessee facing UConn is almost always a great game. I'm not sure if anybody can beat the Huskies this year, but Nebraska, Tennessee and Stanford seem to have the best chance. I would probably watch any of those three if they face the Huskies.

Back
Top Bottom