The Blue Deuce

jaqua19

Team Owner
Feel free to merge this with an appropriate thread.

My buddy and I were having a silly season discussion. He thinks that Brad K is going to end up in the 48, that Blaney will get moved over to the 2, and Matty D will end up in the 12 due to an already existing alliance with Penske.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I could see that, does Cindric factor in moving to the 21?

My buddy and I were having a silly season discussion. He thinks that Brad K is going to end up in the 48, that Blaney will get moved over to the 2, and Matty D will end up in the 12 due to an already existing alliance with Penske.

Thoughts?

were alcoholic beverages involved?

Thoughts?

Did he read Drunk Brian France's tweet from this morning?

Blaney in the 2 would be a slam dunk, maybe Penske can get Miller Lite to come back for more than a few races, I think he would kill it with Miller marketing like Jr did with Budweiser back in the day. I still would be very surprised if Brad K, like shocked. I think everyone involved will find a way to make it work over there.

Has anybody discussed this with Brad, he might have an opinion on the topic.

Thoughts?

What would motivate Brad to want to leave a fully sponsored or funded Penske car? He also can probably negotiate a contract that is as good with Penske.

Hard to fathom Penske letting Brad get away and even harder to fathom why he would want to get into worse equipment.

If the working relationship is toxic none of that matters.

I could easily see Brad leaving for HMS and I think it would be as good a fit as you could hope for after losing someone like Jimmie. Brad seems a little more on edge here lately and I have a feeling he did not like them splitting he and Wolfe. Not to mention they paired him with the worst of the 3 CC's at Penske. It almost came off as a move to invest more in their young guys (the future). Brad's a smart guy, if he senses that's what's going on then I could absolutely see him leaving. Especially if he goes on to have an underwhelming season onder Bullins.

I could easily see Brad leaving for HMS and I think it would be as good a fit as you could hope for after losing someone like Jimmie. Brad seems a little more on edge here lately and I have a feeling he did not like them splitting he and Wolfe. Not to mention they paired him with the worst of the 3 CC's at Penske. It almost came off as a move to invest more in their young guys (the future). Brad's a smart guy, if he senses that's what's going on then I could absolutely see him leaving. Especially if he goes on to have an underwhelming season onder Bullins.
Yeah the crew chief swap makes me think this is plausible

If that is what crossed my mind damn-near immediately, I'm sure it has crossed his.

Idk if he leaves Penske Perfect though...

If he's available, I'd be all for it, I never wanted to see him get away in the first place, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with a large portion of this, the only part I think we don't know is if he opted for Bullins instead of Gordon, he had a lot of success with Bullins in Xfinity wins so he may have felt the chemistry was better for them to be together. If he does have a really bad season somehow, I could see him venturing away into a different environment that is Hendrick. Sometimes you just need something different, and it has been a long time since his 2012 championship. Also, if Hendrick ends up really strong this year, which it is looking might be the case, then that would be all the more push.

I agree with a large portion of this, the only part I think we don't know is if he opted for Bullins instead of Gordon, he had a lot of success with Bullins in Xfinity wins so he may have felt the chemistry was better for them to be together. If he does have a really bad season somehow, I could see him venturing away into a different environment that is Hendrick. Sometimes you just need something different, and it has been a long time since his 2012 championship. Also, if Hendrick ends up really strong this year, which it is looking might be the case, then that would be all the more push.
I doubt Brad is thinking of moving. For one thing this is just 2 races and Daytona doesn't count for anything. Another point to consider is that this is the last year for these cars. Next year is a whole new ball game with a new car and I think Penske will step up to get this new car race ready.
Brad and Bullins got along fine in Xfinity and they will sort things out very soon. It just takes a win to put the smile back on Brad's face.

Everyone wanted to retire Denny last year, now everyone wants to move Brad to HMS. Damn this was my idea first!

I thought Brad would spend his career running the 2 car but after losing Wolfe as his crew chief anything is possible. Would make everything come full-circle if he goes to HMS.

Which organization gives me the best chance to win races and the best shot at the Cup? In exchange for my services on and off the track, how many revenue streams will be driving how much revenue into my LLP?

I think those things matter the most. In that order. If BK is feeling blue about being separated from his long-time crew chief, he’ll get over it. Paul Wolfe won’t be showing up at HMS.

Roger Penske and Brad K have a lot of sweat equity invested in each other. I believe there is a lot of mutual admiration between them as well. So I think the most likely outcome is a contract renewal.

HMS has a ton of fans, way more than any other team. And a lot of HMS fans seem to assume Rick Hendrick can sign any driver he wants to sign. I think this is overstated. HMS is undoubtedly a powerhouse team and a good place for any driver in search of a new gig, but it's not the only great team, IMO.

Penske knows best. I haven't see those Penske cars that competitive in a long while, they ran like crap the end of the last year for pretty much the whole playoffs.

Thoughts?

IF the Brad Keselowski move to the 48 occurs, I believe the rest is spot on. However, I am more inclined to believe that Brad will stick with Penske. He has played an integral role in bringing that team to the fore in NASCAR during the last decade through his own merits. In spite of the jokes being made about "The Captain" not liking him lately, another major factor that should be noted is that Brad is a big reason Joey Logano still has a NASCAR career and a championship to his name. He vouched for Joey to get the other seat on the team, and I'm sure Roger Penske acknowledges this. Look at the results this move has yielded. Ryan Blaney also came into the team partly because of Brad, as he was a member of BKR when it was still active in the Truck Series. I think he is probably seen as a pillar of the team for his work on and off of the track.

Roger Penske and Brad K have a lot of sweat equity invested in each other. I believe there is a lot of mutual admiration between them as well. So I think the most likely outcome is a contract renewal.

HMS has a ton of fans, way more than any other team. And a lot of HMS fans seem to assume Rick Hendrick can sign any driver he wants to sign. I think this is overstated. HMS is undoubtedly a powerhouse team and a good place for any driver in search of a new gig, but it's not the only great team, IMO.
Agreed. I think the 48 would be a downgrade from the 2.

Back
Top Bottom