The Brickyard 400 Trivia

H

HardScrabble

This one is very difficult I think.

Who was the very first WC driver to make an attempt to qualify at Indianapolis?

A couple of hints might be in order.

The driver had a career which spanned 12 years, during which he made 30 Winston Cup starts. All thirty of those starts were on only 4 different tracks. He always drove a Pontiac. To the best of my knowledge he always carried the same car number.

His career is less than stellar. In the 30 starts his best ever finish was a 12th and his best ever qualifying position was 28th. Both of those were at the same race in 1986.

humm good question i thought AJ Foyt was the first car out but thats not AJ bc he drove Fords. Let me think and I will get back

Would the answer be Geoff Brabham!!!!! that lineup therad down below helped me out some and that is the only guess i could make with all 30 starts comming at Sears point, Watkins Glen,Riverside and Indy!!! He was a "Hired Gun" so to speak

Keep trying folks!!

One of the clues might be a herring.

Yep, TWF.

According to everything I can find Phil made no qualifying attempt.

Btw, the first man out received $5000 for the luck of the draw.

Depends. Some numbers that are not normally in use can cycle around to a lot of part time teams.

i have no idea im sittin out another one of those im too young to know questions :rolleyes:

OMG I can see it but I can't remember his name. Ran Darlington all the time....AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHH

Never heard him called by his name, only his initials. Him and J. D. McDuffie.

And not DK Ulrich.............OMG H.B BAILEY it just hit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the initials part, and I kept thinking H for some reason. What do I win? hehehehehehe

100,000.00 RacingForum Dollars. (see Paul for current exchange rate)

Outstanding!!!

Mr. Herring Burl Bailey.:D :D :D

Boy that was a tough one for sure Hard Scrabble.I have got a brain overload going on. :)

ok, who was the first MAN to win the Brickyard?
this quote came off of a late night talk show after the victory.;)

Also, who has the fastest qualifying lap there. Hint: he didn't win the pole. NO CHEATING

Jeff Gordon won the first race at the Brickyard on August 6, 1994.

Hmmm, Brett BOOdine has the qualifing record there, so how could he not have the Pole? Confusing....

No Gantstheman,That the guy from Houston who took the first shot at qualifying in 94.Right Scrabble?:)Did that guy have a brother named F.Lee.Bailey?:p

Back
Top Bottom