The Cleveland Cavailers won the NBA Draft Lottery last night

Benevolent One

Team Owner
It's just too bad that there are no players really worthy of the #1 overall pick this year. Nerlens Noel is the likely top pick and I have serious doubts about his ability to be anything more than a serviceable big man. He is coming off of ACL surgery and won't be back until around Christmas this year. I'm not too happy about that, but I'm a lot more worried about his inability to score in college. If he only averaged about 10 points a game against college guys, how will he do any better against real men in the NBA, many of whom will outweigh him by 50 pounds or more?

I really hope that they can trade the pick to somebody who is convinced that Noel is the answer for their team's needs. The team was horrible this year defensively, and Noel's shot blocking would definitely help in that regard, at least until he gets in early foul trouble in just about every game, like just about every young big man not named Tim Duncan.

I'd like to say that I trust the organization to make the right choice, but these are the people who chose Dion Waiters, a guy who wasn't even a starter at Syracuse, over several other players who I thought where just better.

Back
Top Bottom