The cure to what's ailing NASCAR: A hipster revolution?

Nope, just good racing done right is the answer. Everything else just stuff.

"Cure" is little bit of a stretch. Cool story though.

I'll continue to speak out against the mismanagement of the sport until something changes or until they close the doors.
I've written letters to NASCAR and I've written letters to ISC. I have received replies but just the same corporate BS that you will find on any NASCAR owned or influenced website.

The real problem now is that NBC is the consumer, not the fanbase.

Nobody can say it better. The fans in the grandstands are an afterthought these days. NASCAR sold it's soul to the Devil that is TV (for the big bucks, of course) so now the networks are dictating changes to attempt to ameliorate the "poor" investment in NASCAR but they don't care what happens to the sport when the contract runs out in 2024. It's NASCAR's problem after that and by then, the interest by both the die-hard and casual fans may by minimal at best.

I am not saying that it won't happen but I can't see how the example given in this story would lead to any sort of Nascar renaissance. The worse things become for Nascar the kookier things get in terms of gimmicks, articles and ideas on how to fix it.

I'll continue to speak out against the mismanagement of the sport until something changes or until they close the doors.
I've written letters to NASCAR and I've written letters to ISC. I have received replies but just the same corporate BS that you will find on any NASCAR owned or influenced website.
You seem like a well informed forum poster given your tenure here. I am new to the forum just this month so
I am just getting to know the personalities of the posters. When I read something like this , I wonder what did
NASCAR do to this person? Fire him from previous employment, fined his race team for infractions, caused
monetary harm to his family? I get there is always a group of anti-establishment in just about every motorsport
sanctions but to read the level of venom in your post I can not understand with out further insight. A little
constructive criticism goes a long way but to say "until they close the doors" is , well, respectfully, "why even bother
with the sport."

Last edited:
With how out of the mainstream nascar has become, it is a "hipster sport".

We are all hipsters now.

You seem like a well informed forum poster given your tenure here. I am new to the forum just this month so
I am just getting to know the personalities of the posters. When I read something like this , I wonder what did
NASCAR do to this person? Fire him from previous employment, fined his race team for infractions, caused
monetary harm to his family? I get there is always a group of anti-establishment in just about every motorsport
sanctions but to read the level of venom in your post I can not understand with out further insight. A little
constructive criticism goes a long way but to say "until they close the doors" is , well, respectively, "why even bother
with the sport."

Speaking for myself only NASCAR used to be a series I completely enjoyed until slowly but surely it introduced change upon change that I have not enjoyed 1 iota. What bothers me may be different from others but overall many of us don't feel the series is as good as it could be. NASCAR has lost over half its fan base, the tracks have ripped out hundreds of thousands of seats and TV ratings are in the dumper.

Most of the disenchanted have walked away never to be seen or heard from again but some have stuck around and blast Brian France and NASCAR regularly. These people are on good ground as the only thing that is healthy about the series is the TV contract and the networks are now dissatisfied with what they are getting.

Speaking for myself only NASCAR used to be a series I completely enjoyed until slowly but surely it introduced change upon change that I have not enjoyed 1 iota. What bothers me may be different from others but overall many of us don't feel the series is as good as it could be. NASCAR has lost over half its fan base, the tracks have ripped out hundreds of thousands of seats and TV ratings are in the dumper.

Most of the disenchanted have walked away never to be seen or heard from again but some have stuck around and blast Brian France and NASCAR regularly. These people are on good ground as the only thing that is healthy about the series is the TV contract and the networks are now dissatisfied with what they are getting.

Gotcha. I am just trying to understand the disgruntled
a little bit better. A wise man once told me the only thing constant
is change . You either adapt or get out of the way. I use to like
the NBA. Then here came the tats and thuggary, I gladly got out
of the way and have never looked back. Even turned down complimentary
courtside seats over the years. Can't even imagine waking up in the
morning and saying, "boy I can't wait to blast the NBA today, I will
show them".

If NASCAR were to auger in one day and I am still around to see it,
I will just move that race budget over to one of the other 6 sanctions
I keep up with. Sportscars are beginning to show some promise.

Speaking of fatty , I need to hit the store myself to get the wings for
tomorrow , or did you m e a n something else?:)

constructive criticism goes a long way but to say "until they close the doors" is , well, respectfully, "why even bother
with the sport."
I generally do what I want. That's about all there is to it.

Which one of you banjo-lovers is this?
IMG_3036.JPG

I dunno, but if he want to sell that T-shirt, send me a message.

Look on etsy... type like 'vintage NASCAR tee' or something and you'll probably find stuff like this. Hipsters love this ****.

I often wonder what some will look like hanging from 'turkey arms' or augmented by varicose veins at the retirement home.

These ones with boobs jobs will eternally perk up a few , I suppose.

I often wonder what some will look like hanging from 'turkey arms' or augmented by varicose veins at the retirement home.

Ocean wave images are encouraged for stomach tattoos. With a little aged wayvy gravy expansion, the waves just look more natural than other images as they grow.

At my school, I have several classmates (all guys) with large arm tattoos. One guy got a large arm tattoo in the middle of last semester. It looks great now, but I have to wonder what it will look like in the future. Another guy (much older) has cool flames the full length of his arm, but they look a little old and faded.

I keep thinking I may get a tattoo some day, but it would probably be a simple Texas-shaped tattoo.

Back
Top Bottom