The DEI Camp.

P

pbunch

Somebody better get there $hit together at the DEI camp,I bet Dale Sr.thinks he left a house full of teenagers in charge.It is slowly getting past funny,or cute over there.Dale Jr.,and Lady Dy[Theresa Earnhardt] better figure out what got them in there castle.The alligators are chomping at the door.:(

I like their $hit just where it is...middle of the pack on back. :D

And I'll beat y'all to the punch....that's where Ward is too.:p

I thought this might wake the forum up,Get ready for the DEI fans though,I can hear it now.I am gonna be the anti Christ for these true observations. :D

That's good Fergy.:D No just sitting here thinking why Andrews left.;)

They need to dissolve and go race for other teams, and stop trying to be this magical empire that doesn't exist anymore. :)

The point is valid.

A couple of months ago when the NAPA and Pennzoil sponsorships were being tossed around the runor mill and Mikey and Steve were were both under scrutiny, there was a post predicting that DEI would be fortunate to survive mor than two or three years. ( I apologize to the original poster for not remembering who it was).

At the time I did not agree, feeling that the basic sponsors and dirvers would remain solid and intact. However I did agree then and still do that the leadership of the DEI ship is lacking, and lacking badly. Every successful WC team has somewhere a owner/leader who unquestionably pulls the trigger on all major decisions. Be it Robert Yates, Rcik Hendrick, Joe Gibbs, Jack Roush, Roger Penske, Chip Ganassi, and so on.

At DEI that person remains unidentified, and if Ty Norris is the best they got they are in even worse trouble than PB claims. Allegedly for some time the organization has been in search of a new VP to take those reins in hadn. My advice to them is that yesterday would have been late.

The whole deal on Sunday with the crew mnembers from the #1 suddenly assigned to the #8, the as yet unexplained disappearance of the #1 car following a brush with the wall that looked repairable, and many other pilotless seeming statements and events this season only re-enforce that thought.

Just my opinion of course, but it seems obvious to me.

Originally posted by Budgirl
Well, now I don't know about THAT.  One miserable season does not a toppled 'empire' make.

With the kind of sponsors they have it most certainly does.

I completely agree with everything already said. It's a shame what they let happen to Dale's pride and joy. I hope it's not too late to fix, but if it is, I think Dale Jr. would benefit from driving for someone else.

Who would you like to see him drive for Abooja?And don't say Richard.Use your wildest dream,and run wild with it.:D

HS...Steve did not disappear after that brush with the wall...the crew got him back into the race after about 18 laps, and he ran well until the car got real loose with about 4-5 laps to go.

DEI definitely needs someone to call the shots, and the sooner they find that someone, the better.

I think saying that "they need someone to call the shots" is oversimplifying their problems.

Originally posted by pbunch
Who would you like to see him drive for Abooja?And don't say Richard.Use your wildest dream,and run wild with it.:D

It can't be Richard? Hmm...

abooja motorsports !!

They did? I missed that I guess, don't remember seeing the car and just saw the listing as "off track" (now updated to "accident")for the finish some 25 laps off the pace. Sorry. The balance of the shenagans stands thought.

Off into LA LA land here. If DEI is in search of VP to take over the racing operations, who should they look at. I have someone in mind who is trying to continue his racing career but may have missed his best shot a whle back. He knows the cars well and has a past affiliation with DEI that ended badly but feelings were reportedly straightened out. He wouldn't be likely to take any crap and was highly respected by DE. I've always thought he would be a good team owner some day if he had the money, which he doesn't.

Ron Hornaday - - - Who would ya'll pick?

Originally posted by abooja
It can't be Richard? Hmm...

abooja motorsports !!

Now that would be classic! (Can I send you my resume????) "Willing to relocate...":)

That's my girl.:D How about Jr,And Jerry Jones,He has act like Deon Sanders lately.:p

Sure, why not, HH...nepotism reigns at...

abooja motorsports

And now back to your regularly scheduled program...

HS, 'twas I who predicted the end of DEI within three years. Maybe I was too generous. I stated then, and still believe, that Teresa is in over her head. I don't think she wants to be the head honcho of a racing team; I think she'd rather hang out and shop with the other WC Wives. I still think Junior will be in an RCR Goodwrench number 3 car in 3 years or less. I ain't seen anything to change my mind on any of the doom I predicted. Those guys are leaderless, and we all know what happens to leaderless masses.

abooja, my resume is in the mail. It'll be the one wrapped in a stuffed pepper recipe. :chef:

I love stuffed green bell pepers TnWard,Send me one of those resuuumes.:)

PM me yer email, and I'll send it when I can. Some potential medical issues going on around here, so don't get pissed if it takes me a day or three. I'll know more on the medical tomorrow. (Sorry for the sidetrack everyone)

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
abooja, my resume is in the mail.  It'll be the one wrapped in a stuffed pepper recipe.  :chef:

Stuffed with greenbacks, I hope. ;)

On a more serious note, if the worst happens to DEI, I sincerely hope that Dale Jr. does not drive the #3. (Yes, I've changed my mind on this subject.) I mean, if it doesn't ever get retired and it's either Junior or...Buckshot Jones, then I'd say give it to Junior. But I think he should have his own identity. He'll never be Dale Sr. and, if he makes the unfortunate mistake of one day driving the black #3, he will be an immediate and abject failure.

JMO.

Time to let him go for sure Abooja,That boy ain't gonna fill those shoes,He needs to fill his own.:)

Was pretty sure it was you TWF, but not positive. Didn't want to put words on someones page mistakenly. We agreed on the leadership issue and obviously still do.

The ingredients for an ongoing WC operation are all there at DEI, but the company seems rudderless. Even whether Teresa wants to run the team remains unknown.

They have the funding, their drivers are capable, and the facilities are all in place. If teres does want to run the team it would not be a knock on her, I doubt it was ever in her plans to even consider doing so. They do have to find someone though and sooner would be better.

Just got struck by a passing thought. If DEI is looking for someone to kinda run things, I have the perfect candidate. He has ties to Dale, has the knowledge and experience, and heaven knows he can stretch a dollar as far as anyone. Dave Marcis.

Originally posted by pbunch
Time to let him go for sure Abooja,That boy ain't gonna fill those shoes,He needs to fill his own.:)

Harumph. Well put. And I mean that in a completely positive way.

It's kinda like the Brady Bunch show,Looks like a great family,but It just isn't real Scrabble.Nascar won't wait for the sequeal.the time is now.;)

Agreed pb, and I hope they get it done cause I would prefer to see them running than go out in a blaze of sheep dung!:)

TWF, I considered Dave he would be fine for the job., but I don't know if he would be interested. If he were it would not be a problem that I can see. 71Fan follows Dave as close as anyone I know and might have an idea if he would consider taking such a position.

Ron would likely turn it down because he would rather drive right now, but I think he's gonna a big asset to an owner some day.

Hmmm...love the idea of Dave Marcis running things, Ward! :thumbsup:

I wonder if anyone has ever taken this into consideration...

what about a DEI RCR merger.....theresa could stick to the business side of it( as Dale always said she had business smarts) and Richard could handle the Racing side and the drivers......I know....that would be a helluva a longggggggggggshot.....but would be a helluva a merger!!

Originally posted by hooty3181529
what about a DEI RCR merger.....theresa could stick to the business side of it( as Dale always said she had business smarts) and Richard could handle the Racing side and the drivers......I know....that would be a helluva a longggggggggggshot.....but would be a helluva a merger!!

I have predicted this very thing often. It'll happen in about three years or so. About the time NASCAR finds itself needing another big superstar thing to promote. They'll put lily in a number 3 Goodwrench car and sit back and watch the tickets, shirts, caps and stickers fly out the door. I agree with others on here that such a move would effectively ruin lily's independence, but it'll happen. Kyle never did it, and NASCAR wanted him to. DEI will hang around long enough to have been seen as viable, and to spend all the sponsor $, then it's adios amigos, we're gonna join up with Sniffles Childress.

every team has a bad year. Mikey and Dale Jr are running in the teens in points....sure thats not great...but its not awful either. the leadership problem is the cause of that.

now Steve Park is a differnt story....they need to either find a new driver or fold the 1 car. Park needs to get out of a race car.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
I have predicted this very thing often.  It'll happen in about three years or so.  About the time NASCAR finds itself needing another big superstar thing to promote.  They'll put lily in a number 3 Goodwrench car and sit back and watch the tickets, shirts, caps and stickers fly out the door.  I agree with others on here that such a move would effectively ruin lily's independence, but it'll happen.  Kyle never did it, and NASCAR wanted him to.  DEI will hang around long enough to have been seen as viable, and to spend all the sponsor $, then it's adios amigos, we're gonna join up with Sniffles Childress.

That is exactly what's going to happen.

naaaaahhhhh, don't think so. Dave be his own man. Rather impulsive at times and although it would be nice to see what he could do with those kinds of resources, keeping Teresa out of the shop would be primary.

My opinion is that DEI simply spread itself too thin. Perhaps the problem is that Teresa actually thinks race teams are supposed to make a profit. The truth is that some teams do get to do this, but for most, breaking even is about as good as they can do.

One crew chief moves on, probably for lots of money, and the whole world thinks DEI is going down the tubes.
Sounds like alot of wishful thinking. DEI was there before Andrews and will be there after.

I'm personally just waiting for the day when Jr leaves. I think that will kinda shut the whole program down.

Back
Top Bottom