The envolope please....Cliff Lee has signed with the ....Philadephia Phillies

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
I didn't see that coming, figured he would stay with the Rangers, but I'm happy he didn't go to the Stanks.

i thought he would stay with the rangers also. wonder how much of a factor his wife getting spit at by yankees fans fit into his decision to reject their offer. i'm neutral on his going to the phillies. they have a great pitching staff now but do they have the will and money to surround them with the hitting and defense that's necessary to win the series. the phillies aren't getting any younger either.

i thought he would stay with the rangers also. wonder how much of a factor his wife getting spit at by yankees fans fit into his decision to reject their offer. i'm neutral on his going to the phillies. they have a great pitching staff now but do they have the will and money to surround them with the hitting and defense that's necessary to win the series. the phillies aren't getting any younger either.

Yeh the aren't, but what a pitching staff they have now, no doubt the best in the Majors. Get a few young bats in the line up and they will be contenders for the next 3-5 years.

I think people overestimate how old we are Jimmy Rollins is getting up there yeah but Utley Howard are in their early 30's Ibanez is probably in his last season with us, Victorino, not that old. New right fielder so not sure on that ect. We aren't all Mark Martins.

Back
Top Bottom