The Fastest Race Thread in Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by kkfan91, May 4, 2019.

1. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Derby time who ya got? Cant go wrong with the motivation of win win win

2. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Hate seeing races decided by Race Control :p

gnomesayin likes this.
  3. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Yeah I dont want them to change this

4. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

That is some bull****

5. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

I’ve never seen anything like that before. Wow.

6. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

What happened?

7. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Didn't NASCAR announce they'd do the same instead of incumbered wins this year? They might want to rethink that after this fiasco. 2nd place never deserves to win.

8. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Different no cheating was involved here

9. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

The horse that won was DQed because he made a move up the track and bumped other horses, even though it didnt effect the outcome, see Regan Smith, Justin Haley, Brennan Poole, levels of screwed out of wins

10. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

If you give the win to 2nd place it's not any different. Winner crosses first, if he gets DQ'd than you have no winner.

11. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

Lol wow. Blame Dale jr and Rutledge for attending.

12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Horse Racing is really serious about that sort of thing. Multi million dollar runners could break a leg and have to be shot dead because of a move like that. In Greyhound racing, a dog that moves another gets two times of that before they are banned from racing.

Turtle84 and gnomesayin like this.
  13. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Is there a form of racing competition that takes this approach, or are you just making this up?

AuzGrams likes this.
  14. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

This.

In a country where dog fighting and cockfighting are illegal, I can't believe this barbaric tradition continues.

15. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

NASCAR has up until this year but haven't had to test it yet. It's also the norm in most other sports, if a team gets stripped of it championship they don't give it to the team they beat.

16. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

No, NASCAR up until this year refused to disqualify winners. The norm in the vast majority of auto racing and individual competitions with immediate disqualifications is to proceed just as they did yesterday. It's well established. The stripping of a championship in a team sport well after the fact due to off-field violations is not a useful analogy.

Turtle84 and AuzGrams like this.
  17. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Well they kinda cheated or didn't follow necessary guidelines/rules... so no they didn't, "beat" them.

18. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Can you imagine them making the judgement call on the Truex/Logano Martinsville chromehorn? No thank ya. I was wondering to myself though, if they have ever DQ'd a race winner for rough driving? My memory may be bad, but I can not think of one.

19. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Kind of.

It was a joke, because they've never done anything like it before or since.

Turtle84 likes this.
  20. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

and there it is. thanks for finding the vid.

21. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Taking the 2008 Talladega win from Regan Smith was pretty bad too, but only because NASCAR had publicly stated prior to the race that the yellow line rule didn't apply on the last lap when the drivers can see the checkered flag. Then suddenly it did again.

22. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Yeah... I mean that was a dive bomb got to his bumper, not horrendous or intentional. DQ the lapped car!

If that was a DQ, then Edwards intentionally turning left on Keselowski should have been a lock for DQ.