The four teams that will race for the Championship in Phoenix.

11, 4, 88, 19 in that order. The Hamlin not-win at Talladega will result in him being champion and it would be the perfect story for 2020

4,9,2,88. I know Martinsville is in this round and he’s a threat, but....is this the round Denny starts hearing the voices of Chase For The Cup/Playoffs past. I’m still skeptical he puts it all together. 88 is the upset, I think they’re gonna be tough at Kansas and Texas this round. Harvick is usually great at Texas (I think he gets his invitation to The Phoenix Bowl there) as well as the 2 can win but I think he wins Martinsville. That leaves Kansas for the 88 and 9 to figure it out. I also hope Kurt Busch makes some noise this round too

11, 4, 2, 22

22 is leading late and gets crashed by one of the many he has pissed off this year handing the ship to Kevin.

11, 4, 2, 22

22 is leading late and gets crashed by one of the many he has pissed off this year handing the ship to Kevin.
That is one of the reasons I didn't put the 22 in the bottom four. If he even acts like he is going to get a little rough with KB at Martinsville then I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see KB take him out.

Gonna stick with my original 4, 11, 9, and 2 prediction. The 9 has arguably been the best car the entire playoffs. Had a playoff best average running position of 5.2 or so heading into Talladega and now has a win to better that. He's red hot and I think this is the year that team finally finds a way to push thru the round of 8. They've been too close too many times now.

Gonna stick with my original 4, 11, 9, and 2 prediction. The 9 has arguably been the best car the entire playoffs. Had a playoff best average running position of 5.2 or so heading into Talladega and now has a win to better that. He's red hot and I think this is the year that team finally finds a way to push thru the round of 8. They've been too close too many times now.
I want to believe, but they're still a half step behind the 4 and 11 on the intermediates, which have 2 this round. That concerns me big time. Need a top 5 at Kansas, Texas is not a strong track for them, and then he'll be a contender at Martinsville. MUST avoid mechanical failure and getting caught up in someone else's crap.

Oh, as for championship four, I'll go with 4, 11, 9, 2.

When have they collided this season to warrant a punt?
I don't know if they have collided this season, but no one said anything about that. But Logano has been driving pretty rough this year and has crashed a few other cars and I think if he tries that with KB at any race for the rest of this season it won't turnout so good for the 22 because KB won't have much to lose.

I don't know if they have collided this season, but no one said anything about that. But Logano has been driving pretty rough this year and has crashed a few other cars and I think if he tries that with KB at any race for the rest of this season it won't turnout so good for the 22 because KB won't have much to lose.
It remains to be seen if Kyle understands that other drivers are racing for a championship and gives them room or if he is racing flat out for a win.

I think Hamlin drops the ball, but most of the time I'm wrong. Kurt can win one of the next three races, I'd say he's one of my favs for Martinsville. Even though Hamlin is one of the best at Martinsville, but I feel as if that team will fall off at the worst time.

Kurt has been that good this season, quietly consistent and can close when necessary.

It remains to be seen if Kyle understands that other drivers are racing for a championship and gives them room or if he is racing flat out for a win.
I'm sure Kyle understands very well...but it does remain to be seen if he will respect it. I definitely think he will respect Kurt his brother, Chase because he likes him, Alex because he has no bad blood with him and he has helped him with advice though out his career and Alex has confirmed that a few times, Denny and Martin because they are his teammates. I don't remember if there has been any bad blood with Brad, but I think if Kyle was going to race someone hard it would be Joey and Kevin. But, I think he would even give them respect if they didn't do something to warrant him not to for the rest of the season.

4 11 and 2 are the locks and it will come down to one of those 3.

They've been the best all year, and Brad is a sleeper. Great short track program this year.

Last spot will be a tossup between the 9 and 19.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The 4 and 11 have been locked in since the summer. 9 gets in because he's hot right now and I think 88 beats out the 2 to win at Kansas this week.

Harvick wins it all because he's made Phoenix his b****.

Bristol intro a couple years ago Brad said "Kyle Busch is an *ss". Dont think they like each other.

I'm sure Kyle understands very well...but it does remain to be seen if he will respect it. I definitely think he will respect Kurt his brother, Chase because he likes him, Alex because he has no bad blood with him and he has helped him with advice though out his career and Alex has confirmed that a few times, Denny and Martin because they are his teammates. I don't remember if there has been any bad blood with Brad, but I think if Kyle was going to race someone hard it would be Joey and Kevin. But, I think he would even give them respect if they didn't do something to warrant him not to for the rest of the season.

I hope Kyle remembers while he is munching on his plate of non playoff crow, all of the static he gave a couple of backmarkers this year publicly about not getting out of his highness's way.

I'm having a terrible time with this. The top 4 now look good for it (4-11-2-9) BUT I don't see any losers in the bottom half. I keep thinking one of them could pop up.

I'm having a terrible time with this. The top 4 now look good for it (4-11-2-9) BUT I don't see any losers in the bottom half. I keep thinking one of them could pop up.
I agree, but for that to happen one of the top 4 would have to be knocked out, and as much as it pains me to say it, I think it would be the less experienced Elliott.

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
I agree, but for that to happen one of the top 4 would have to be knocked out, and as much as it pains me to say it, I think it would be the less experienced Elliott.
You are probably right, based on experience. :sad:

You are probably right, based on experience. :sad:
Obviously who ever hits the right set ups will have the advantage but if all 4 cars were equal I would have to go with 4--11--2--9 in that order. the closest race being the 4 and 11.

Reactions: Pat
I think Chase has PLENTY of experience, more than enough to win a title. What I question is whether the 9 team can go toe to toe with the 4, 11, 19, 2 and 22 for three straight weeks without a hiccup in setup, realibility and execution. Of course if you can just win one of the races, that changes the whole equation.

4, 22, 19, 9

Funny thing is... if either 4 or 11 win a single race... both automatically go to the final 4.

Would be cool to see them both have to ‘points race’ each other. These teams might even be willing to HOPE to points race one another, hoping to squeeze the other team out of the final four... would be a big advantage to both Harvick and Hamlin to NOT have to race the other at Phoenix

I think Chase has PLENTY of experience, more than enough to win a title. What I question is whether the 9 team can go toe to toe with the 4, 11, 19, 2 and 22 for three straight weeks without a hiccup in setup, realibility and execution. Of course if you can just win one of the races, that changes the whole equation.
I hope you are right. If Chase wins a championship I will be the first one doing a happy dance all the way to the refrigerator. :beerbang:

4, 9, 11, 19. Harvick and Hamlin are practically locked in. Chase has been looking like the next best behind, or at least the most likely to snatch a win out of everyone else. Truex has been quite close, very often in recent times. Martinsville is in this round, so he could find repeat success there. Kansas is also a pretty happy hunting ground for him.

Kurt Busch could potentially be a dark horse. Gotta admit, after seeing him make the playoffs and always get cut out after the round of sixteen or round of eight, I think the proposition of him finally making the cut for the championship round as he nears the end of his career would be exciting.

He gives them no room, and races for a win. This doesn't remain to be seen.

I think the 4 and the 11....22 and 9. I don't see the 19 there.

3 different winners Truex, Elliott, Keselowski. Hamlin edges out Harvick on points... playoff system gets exposed.

Yea the 4 and 11 shouldn’t go too crazy to win one of these next three races. A second place finish would be the goal I’d think

the only thing, one bad finish and then the strategy is over. Then its ‘must win’

will be interesting to see what those two teams do in the first couple of these races

Back
Top Bottom