The future of ARCA ?

I can't figure out why NASCAR bought ARCA, seems they already have too many racing series, The Grand National ( Monster Energy ) the Sportsman series ( Infinity ) and the Truck Series. I understand that their plans are to merge ARCA with the K&N Filter racing series which I believe is divided into two, and East and a West.
I also read where ARCA is going to be a series for young drivers, a driver development series.
It seems to me that many of the top NASCAR drivers had been coming from open wheel racing, where the horse power to weight ratio is greater than an Indy car. It also seems like the better NASCAR drivers came from dirt track racing learning how to compete with a loose handling car.
I do not understand NASCAR's way of thinking.
I live near the Salem Speedway in Indiana and I have read that NASCAR is planning to take away their two events at that track. Salem is a track with a lot of history and has been supporting ARCA for decades.
My thoughts are that with NASCAR stumbling over its bad decisions, loosing their fan base, that the only reason they bought ARCA is to keep anyone else from buying it and building it up to compete against them just like the old ASA ( American Speed Association ) did. Remember those ASA drivers Darrel Waltrip, Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace, Alan Kulwicki, and many others.
NASCAR is reported to be buying and taking control of their tracks. Could that be to prevent those tracks from allowing other racing series to put on events on these tracks ?
I have followed NASCAR since I was very young, about 1963. I had watched it grow and I have seen it start to die. I believe NASCAR got greedy. I recall Bill France stating that this was not a sport, it was entertainment, which it was until it started to become a 4, 5, or 6 hour bore-a-thon. Cars unable to pass each other on the track because they are so aerodynamic, and NASCAR bragging abut races won or lost in the pits, by a team having a split second faster pit stop, ( maybe by leaving lug nuts loose, or just flat off. Phantom caution flags that always seemed to held one race team more than any other. caution flags that should of came out but didn't, or came out late, ( Mark Martin at Daytona) Penalizing race teams that were having an unusually good run by stating they either entered or left pit road too fast, (Montoya at Indy).
Or how about NASCAR turning their head on cheaters, teams have been found not to be legal after a race, they are fined money, and docked points, but are allowed to keep the win.
Speaking of rules, remember Jeff Gordon's, "Stanley Steamer", the car started over heating and pushing water out of the vent, clearly visible, but he continued for about 100 laps and won the race. How was that possible? Where did all that water/fluid come from ? Any other engine would have run dry within a few laps and burned up. Nascar should of impounded the car and inspected it. One thing is for sure, it had to be light with all that fluid that was pushed out.
* One of NASCAR's worse rules is weighing the car and driver separately, where in the past they weighed the two together.
This promotes race teams to find the smallest and lightest drivers that they can find.
Use to be anyone could be a star in NASCAR, but not today, if you are an average person or bigger, give it up. No more Buddy Bakers.
I really do think that this is one reason that NASCAR is losing some fans, its hard to identify with drivers that is very small, smaller than average fans.
* Nascar needs to start more cars on the bigger tracks not fewer.
* Nascar has rules that teams can not pass during a caution, but they do all the time.
Nascar needs to re-aline cars that pit in the order that they pitted, cars that take on gas only , then cars taking only two tires, then cars taking on 4 tires, then cars that made repairs.

K&N and ARCA have issues. I'd say probably more glaring than the top 3 series at this point.

We'll see how 2020 goes...

That's some word:bleh:

ARCA won't be under Nascar sanctions until next year. Plans are to have both the K&N and ARCA series to have similar rules so competing in either or both will be easily done. The idea is for more teams to be able to compete and that in turn will build up car counts.

Back
Top Bottom