The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

I heard that since the countries are in alphabetical order by the native language of the host country that in Portuguese the US begins with E. NBC tried to convince them to let the US go out of order to have them at the end so people don't tune out when the US is done. Apparently the Olympics told them to shut it since they are tape delaying it anyway so they can put the US where ever they want.

I heard that since the countries are in alphabetical order by the native language of the host country that in Portuguese the US begins with E. NBC tried to convince them to let the US go out of order to have them at the end so people don't tune out when the US is done. Apparently the Olympics told them to shut it since they are tape delaying it anyway so they can put the US where ever they want.

If NBC aired it live, this wouldn't be a problem. I really wish ESPN would take over so we could get live Olympics coverage like literally the rest of the entire world.

I've never been compelled or interested enough to watch the olympics

Very few events interest me. I'm looking forward to BMX racing and that's pretty much it. We know that won't be shown on television though...

That's an Olympic sport?

Yeah. It's a global sport that's been around since the 70's, and completely man-powered other than one apparatus. I'm a bit partial though. :D

The Olympics are something that I look forward to each and every time. Then again, I'm a pretty big sports fan all around. Knowing what these men & women put into this with their dedication and training, it's great to see that hard work pay off in making the US team. Is a huge honor for them to represent us in these games. Many of them give up a lot to live the kind of life it take to get a shot to make the team. Too bad they don't get more support.

Over the past six years we've been heavily involved in the world of Track & Field and have had the pleasure to meet a few of these athletes that are representing us as well as some that didn't make the team. We've also met many that are working on representing us in 2020. They work hard.

I'll be watching.

The Olympics are something that I look forward to each and every time. Then again, I'm a pretty big sports fan all around. Knowing what these men & women put into this with their dedication and training, it's great to see that hard work pay off in making the US team. Is a huge honor for them to represent us in these games. Many of them give up a lot to live the kind of life it take to get a shot to make the team. Too bad they don't get more support.

Over the past six years we've been heavily involved in the world of Track & Field and have had the pleasure to meet a few of these athletes that are representing us as well as some that didn't make the team. We've also met many that are working on representing us in 2020. They work hard.

I'll be watching.
+1

One of my favorite sporting events regardless of where it is. What an awesome two weeks it is, with wall-to-wall sports coverage everyday in almost every discipline you can think of. As someone who was a distance runner growing up I love seeing the world's best compete in events like the 5000m and 10000m. Lots of other interesting sports that you otherwise don't get to see on TV like team handball and volleyball. I'll never not get excited for the Olympics. I just hope they eventually reinstate baseball and softball.

I've never been compelled or interested enough to watch the olympics
I usually pay casual attention to the Olympics, but I don't get super into it. I've always liked the Winter Olympics better, for the figure skating and snowboarding and stuff, but I do like watching the diving, swimming, gymnastics, and volleyball during the summer. Naturally, I prefer watching the women compete in these events. :growl:

I couldn't tell you who won anything last time other than Michael Phelps. LOL.

Olympics..... awesome as always. Great to see these people that achieve their goals. It still amazes me every time I see these records get crushed.

I'm looking forward to the track & field events that begin this Friday.

I have to say being able to watch these events in UHD 4K has been fantastic. Unfortunately all of that 4K coverage that I've seen has been tape/video delayed broadcasts rather than live. I've gained a better appreciation for women's beach volleyball.

The US has a diver named Steele Johnson. The kid in me can't quit laughing every time I see that name on the screen.

Day 3 of the Games of the XXXI Olympiad gives us this year's classic facial reaction/soon to be viral meme. This time, coming from The Legend, Michael Phelps.

phelpsface.jpg

That said, we should always remember McKayla Maroney's scowl. #NeverForget

080214-OTHER-mckayla-maroney-stands-on-podium-ahn-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.14.jpg

Among many other events I watched some kick-butt Ping Pong match today. Who knew it was that intense? I usually have a beer in one hand and the paddle in the other. These guys are amazing. Even the replays in slow motion are damn fast.

Watched some more 4K coverage on Dish's RIO 4K Channel. This is ruining HD for me, big time. :(

Day 3 of the Games of the XXXI Olympiad gives us this year's classic facial reaction/soon to be viral meme. This time, coming from The Legend, Michael Phelps.

View attachment 20375

That said, we should always remember McKayla Maroney's scowl. #NeverForget

View attachment 20376

I had forgotten about the McKayla Maroney picture. Googled her to see if she was competing in the Rio Olympics and, ummm, she's changed a bit since the last Olympics...

I've been trying to keep up with the Shotgun sports shooting via live stream. Been good so far. Men's Double Trap Finals are up at 2PM on 8-10-16. All good. They shoot International trap, we call it Bunker Trap in the US.

Back
Top Bottom