The History of NASCAR's Yellow Line Rule nascarman

Watch the other races and see how they are constructed in comparison.
And now we're back to one of my big complaints about plate races - different rules from every other race on the schedule.

Lower the banking. Drivers have to step on brakes. Cars get separated. Yellow line problem goes away.

And now we're back to one of my big complaints about plate races - different rules from every other race on the schedule.

Lower the banking. Drivers have to step on brakes. Cars get separated. Yellow line problem goes away.

don't watch would be my suggestion, your banging your head against a concrete wall, ain't going to change a thing...over and over.

Ever since I been following the sport they have always thrown bandaids on things to try and get by instead of stopping and thinking it over and doing it right. Plates on cars were supposed to be temporary until the right fix was found. Hey Mr. Charlie you better not watch cuz Nascar has so many fans they dont need you hahahaha.

This is a fairly complete listing of Yellow Line Rule incidents with one huge oversight: the 2007 Daytona Truck race finish in which Johnny Benson passed below the yellow line at the finish. NASCAR actually publicly stated that no penalty was given because on the last lap when the drivers can see the checkered flag, anything goes. This created a common misunderstanding throughout the garage, because drivers actually believed this was the standard and not just a pathetic made up excuse for another botched call. NASCAR contradicted themselves the next year by taking the win from Regan Smith, and Mike Helton clarified from then on that there would be no passing below the yellow line allowed under any circumstances. There have still been some inconsistencies since, but nothing as glaring as that absurdity.

WTF is this ****? Now “in nascar’s judgement” a rule is enforced? No. **** that. Rules are written down black and white to be read and taken at face value. Its a rule. There are no judgement calls in rules, otherwise its an expression of opinion. I’d raise hell.

WTF is this sh!t? Now “in nascar’s judgement” a rule is enforced? No. **** that. Rules are written down black and white to be read and taken at face value. Its a rule. There are no judgement calls in rules, otherwise its an expression of opinion. I’d raise hell.

Nascar rule book

etch-a-sketch.jpeg

It's a cost cutting measure. They don't need a handful of replay cameras and a month of Sundays time to determine if it is a catch or not.;):p:p

It's a cost cutting measure. They don't need a handful of replay cameras and a month of Sundays time to determine if it is a catch or not.;):p:p

This would be funny if they didn't have 'scoring loops' and a camera trained on every caution light around the track.. GWC finishes are always comical to see how they handle it.

Now?

This is how NASCAR has always run its show. Of course I agree that it is ridiculous, but they have always wanted the leeway to apply 'rules' differently as they see fit in each situation.
And why do this, just to generate controversy? Makes no sense IMO.

This would be funny if they didn't have 'scoring loops' and a camera trained on every caution light around the track.. GWC finishes are always comical to see how they handle it.

I doubt anyone really thinks its funny as stuff like this hurts the sport. Only my 2 cents worth.

Joey Logano was on a radio show and they were taking about the he yellow line. Joey didn’t care much for it either but after they talked about what it does (allows cars to enter the turns at an angle they can complete the turns and allows cars with issues or coming out pits to be out of the racing lanes) Joey was like, yeah we probably need that rule.

Correct me if Im wrong, but is it still the rule that the driver can advance their position as long as they were forced below the line?

Correct me if Im wrong, but is it still the rule that the driver can advance their position as long as they were forced below the line?
Well...let's consult Nascar. . .oh...ok, yeh...right, they say that's a "judgement " call. Come on you should know by now there is no such thing in Nascar as black and white, everything has a gray area!

"You've reached the NASCAR Rules Enforcement Hotline. Your call is important to us; please remain on the line. All of our technicians are busy helping other NASCAR officials, teams, and fans with their rules enforcement questions. Your call will be answered in the order in which it was received. ...

Hello! This is Rajesh! How may I be helping your racing question today?"

You made a thread about it and you're telling him to not watch or get over it? Ok that's very constructive.
“Nascar needs new fans”

also

“If you dont like it dont watch it”

You made a thread about it and you're telling him to not watch or get over it? Ok that's very constructive.
“Nascar needs new fans”

also

Y'all are more concerned about this than I am. I'd fight my own battle if I thought this one was worth it. It's not like SOI is going to change his opinion on the subject either.

Y'all are more concerned about this than I am. I'd fight my own battle if I thought this one was worth it. It's not like SOI is going to change his opinion on the subject either.

Oh is that what I was doing?

“Nascar needs new fans”

also

I gotta say I dont think it is the smartest thing in the world to tell somebody not to watch Nascar as there are all kinds of fans and Nascar needs them all. Now Im not a big fan of plate races but Im still going to watch it and if I see things I like I will say so and same if I don't like things. What is the point of having a forum if you can toss out ideas and opinions and talk about things you like or dont like?

Back
Top Bottom