The Hobbit

barelypure

Spectator
THE HOBBIT---Peter Jackson said THE HOBBIT will now be two movies instead of one. Originally, THE HOBBIT would be one movie with a second movie which would bridge THE HOBBIT and THE LORD OF THE RINGS. Jackson explained, "We decided it would be a mistake to try to cram everything into one movie... it allows us to make THE HOBBIT in a little more style...of the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy." THE HOBBIT movies will premier in December, 2011 and 2012. Also, the theatrical version of THE LORD OF THE RINGS will be released in Blu-Ray later in 2009. The extended version of the movie in Blu-Ray, the"Ultimate Box Set", will be released at around the premier of THE HOBBIT.
HOBBIT.jpg

Oh and for those of you who are having trouble on what to get me for Xmas this year the Ultimate Box Set of LOTR will be just fine...

HOBBIT.jpg

Oh and for those of you who are having trouble on what to get me for Xmas this year the Ultimate Box Set of LOTR will be just fine...
Will Gollum be in the Hobbit? I thought he died in LOTR or is the Hobbit supposed to be before LOTR? Either way, ya aint' gettin' the super set from moi. I could probably buy a car for what they want for that set. :eek:

Will Gollum be in the Hobbit? I thought he died in LOTR or is the Hobbit supposed to be before LOTR? Either way, ya aint' gettin' the super set from moi. I could probably buy a car for what they want for that set. :eek:
The Hobibit is pre-LOTR. Just thought that I would inform the unread. :)

Remember Frodo got the ring from his uncle, Bilbo Baggins. Bilbo and Gollum had quite a tussle over the ring. It has some of the same characters but mostly different. If you loved LOTR you'll like the Hobbit. Its not as action packed but more psychological, IMO.

and then The Silmarillion? see you have good taste in some of your readings bp. :) saw bits and parts of LOTR on tv but haven't seen a movie yet that does the book they are based on justice.

Great, then the informed should purchase a copy of the super expensive set of LOTR for bp. Muggle, you get to toss in the first hundred. :)
When I buy it will be for muggle, not BP. :D

Both the books and movies were greattttt. As Tony the tiger says. :)

and then The Silmarillion? see you have good taste in some of your readings bp. :) saw bits and parts of LOTR on tv but haven't seen a movie yet that does the book they are based on justice.

It would be hard for a movie to do any book true justice. But, these movies stay fairly close to the theme. They are well done and are good representations of Middle Earth. Peter Jackson did as good a job as I could expect. I might quibble over some of the choices for actors but overall I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 movies having watched them several times.
The movies almost had to ignore all the sub-stories and backgrounds of the characters if they were going to do a movie a book. Thus the Hobbit being in 2 parts, tho I hate they will be so far apart, is a good move if they develop the storylines.

"Elves and Dragons! I says to him. Cabbages and potatoes are better for me and you. Don't go getting mixed up in the business of your betters, or you'll land in trouble too big for you, I says to him."
Hamfest Gamgee to his son Samwise

Sometimes I feel a kinship to Middle Earth.

Back
Top Bottom