The hobby thread --- what are yours?

lisa

Kurt Busch fan
Making some progress on my scarf

Post your hobbies here if you want to. I'd love it!!!!!! :)

20140704_183330_zps68veo30a.jpg

I crochet like crazy. I don't have the expertise my mother did --- she could make beautiful lace. I'm doing well to make
hot pan holders for the kitchen and afghans.

I also love to read --- real books, not an e-reader. LOL
And sewing.

Love your scrapbook pages, lisa. I don't have the patience. I'm doing good to get family pictures in an album.

Thank you so much.

I love to scrapbook, TRL. Sometimes I do get impatient, that is the time I need to step away and take a break. I get frustrated when I don't have the embellishments I need to finish a page. That makes me mad too.

I crochet like crazy. I don't have the expertise my mother did --- she could make beautiful lace. I'm doing well to make
hot pan holders for the kitchen and afghans.

I also love to read --- real books, not an e-reader. LOL
And sewing.

My crochet is very simple too, TRL. Scarves, potholders and such, nothing complicated. I want to learn granny squares, I've failed miserably but I'm not giving up.

My crochet is very simple too, TRL. Scarves, potholders and such, nothing complicated. I want to learn granny squares, I've failed miserably but I'm not giving up.
I learned how to do the granny squares, but hate doing them. For afghans I will do a ripple pattern or make up my own design.

I crochet, stitch, needlepoint, and read. In my spare time, I like to cook.

Bob, your grand kids are just adorable!

HIKING!! I'm typically hiking on my days off anywhere from September to April. May, June, July and August, most of the paths get overgrown...the bugs come out and the sun bares down on my whiter than white skin. I'm also into photography. I don't have a $2,000 camera, but for how tight I am with money, it took a lot out of me to even buy the camera that I currently do have.

DSC00773 by bkern1989, on Flickr
DSC00706 by bkern1989, on Flickr
DSC00581 by bkern1989, on Flickr
DSC00599 by bkern1989, on Flickr
DSC00563 by bkern1989, on Flickr
DSC00538 by bkern1989, on Flickr
DSC04193 by bkern1989, on Flickr
DSC03416 by bkern1989, on Flickr
DSC03343 by bkern1989, on Flickr
Fall colors by bkern1989, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Brent, those are beautiful photos. You have a gift for selecting the right lighting and positioning. Please, feel free to post more of them.
11949865511933397169thumbs_up_nathan_eady_01.svg.med.png

Thanks for the compliments! I'll post more on this thread from time to time. I've got many more photos on Flickr. I don't get out much during Summer for the reasons explained above, so I likely wont have many new pictures until September.

Just figured I'd add a few more to bring this thread back to life. I recently went on a scenic drive a few days ago. Unfortunately, The Ozarks were foggy for much of the of the trip, so the only picture opportunity was while we were below the fog. This is the Buffalo River...quite possibly my favorite river ever. The river itself is roughly 150 miles long, but there is a 35 mile long trail that runs along the river that I hope to do either this year or next year.

DSC01020 by bkern1989, on Flickr

DSC01009 by bkern1989, on Flickr

Great Shots. I have fished the Buffalo many times, grew up in Ft. Smith, you might try roaring river this time of year or Eureka Springs when the trees are turning.

I'd like to make a trip to the Cossatot River sometime. This year, I plan on driving to Hot Sprigs, then taking highway 7 all the way to the Missouri boarder. Last year, I drove through Mount Magazine. I've heard about Roaring River several times, but have never looked too much into it.

BL, fishing, BL, hunting, BL, looking at pretty women and you guessed it, BL.

I'd like to make a trip to the Cossatot River sometime. This year, I plan on driving to Hot Sprigs, then taking highway 7 all the way to the Missouri boarder. Last year, I drove through Mount Magazine. I've heard about Roaring River several times, but have never looked too much into it.
they are both north and east of Rogers. Roaring River state park is a trout stream and Eureka Springs, the drive to there on hwy 62 thru the hills is something to see. Both are really close to where you live.

they are both north and east of Rogers. Roaring River state park is a trout stream and Eureka Springs, the drive to there on hwy 62 thru the hills is something to see. Both are really close to where you live.

Yeah, I've taken that drive several times. To Eureka Springs, then south on 23, then back West on highway 12.

Devil's den is pretty cool south of you, take old hwy 71 if you haven't been down that way, 71 has all kinds of photo ops going thru the mountains.

Devil's den is pretty cool south of you, take old hwy 71 if you haven't been down that way, 71 has all kinds of photo ops going thru the mountains.

Been on 71 several times along with Devils Den. Devils Den is known for it's caving, but unfortunately with White Nose Syndrome, several of the wild caves around the state are closed with bars blocking the entrance. I enjoy taking the path less traveled, though mainly during the Winter months when all the trees and plants aren't overgrown. I've purchased a few of Tim Ernst's books, so I know where any of the hidden treasures are.

too bad about the caves, there were bats in there when I was in them, I lived in Arkansas when there wasn't a million people in the whole state, my Dad traveled Arkansas and Oklahoma and I got to go all over everywhere in the summers. good luck..more pics. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom