The Late Model Majors

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Coming up on "Big Race" season with Martinsville right around the corner for the Late Model Stock Cars. Big races in October at Motor Mile, Rougemont and Ace as well. Then November has Jacksonville, Florence and Southern National.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

That said, North Wilkesboro was probably the biggest race in LMSC history.

Irwindale Speedway is typically my late model track of choice and hosts the Winter Showdown. There’s a few others out west.

It's the most wonderful time of the year. 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Flosports with the coverage at 3pm Saturday. Andy do you know if they are locking in the top 20 in qualifying? The reason I ask is due to tire shortage you will qualify, heat race and start the race on the same set, if they lock the top 20 as has been done before those 20 are gonna have a MAJOR advantage on everyone else. Only fair way is for everybody to heat race.

Flosports with the coverage at 3pm Saturday. Andy do you know if they are locking in the top 20 in qualifying? The reason I ask is due to tire shortage you will qualify, heat race and start the race on the same set, if they lock the top 20 as has been done before those 20 are gonna have a MAJOR advantage on everyone else. Only fair way is for everybody to heat race.
Nobody's locked in on qualifying. Fastest qualifier gets $5,000, but everyone has to run the heat races.

56 Late Models entered at Florence

My gut feeling is that race will be bigger than the Classic, despite purses. Jr or no Jr.

Steve Zacharias is far and away the best racetrack operator in the Mid-Atlantic/Southeast region. Of course, for some reason, if tracks up here push their start time up or back or make other concessions for the racers, like Zacharias does, the same racers skin them alive.

My gut feeling is that race will be bigger than the Classic, despite purses. Jr or no Jr.

Steve Zacharias is far and away the best racetrack operator in the Mid-Atlantic/Southeast region. Of course, for some reason, if tracks up here push their start time up or back or make other concessions for the racers, like Zacharias does, the same racers skin them alive.
Hell of a field for a .4 tenths track. Times are gonna be extremely close.

57 Cars are entered

They will qualify all cars. Top 20 are locked in

Then 2nd round qualifying all cars not locked in. Top 10 are in

Then 3rd round qualifying all cars not locked in. Top 10 are in

40 cars will start! 17 will head to the house! 40 Cars on a 4 tenths of a mile track. I predict the leader will be in traffic probably 20 laps in.

If you cant make it to the race I Highly advise you to get Floracing, its a little pricey but its for a year and it has a amazing schedule of races all year long, Dirt, NASCAR, ARCA etc...

Gotta work Saturday afternoon, can't make it.
Steve did a terrible job tonight. I understand he wants the races to end early but they only had like 30 laps to go in the limited late model race and then he called a 10 lap to go or first caution and it wasnt even 8pm and caused a huge controversy

Steve did a terrible job tonight. I understand he wants the races to end early but they only had like 30 laps to go in the limited late model race and then he called a 10 lap to go or first caution and it wasnt even 8pm and caused a huge controversy

I've heard all about it.

Honestly, I'm sick and tired of these tracks being stuck in the 1980s. If you end a race early, gather everything you can. You have clear video evidence showing Boo Boo Dalton ahead, just use it. Gather as much as you can to sort out the rest. Most of these teams have goPros on their cars that you can use. Take your time and get it right.

And before anyone gives me grief, I've made these calls before.

I've heard all about it.

Honestly, I'm sick and tired of these tracks being stuck in the 1980s. If you end a race early, gather everything you can. You have clear video evidence showing Boo Boo Dalton ahead, just use it. Gather as much as you can to sort out the rest. Most of these teams have goPros on their cars that you can use. Take your time and get it right.

And before anyone gives me grief, I've made these calls before.
The right car was called the winner, the 07 was leading at the line when the caution came out ending the race but for some reason Dalton thought they raced back to the flag. My problem is Steve should have let the race run all 100 laps, its stupid to call a 10 lap to go or next flag finishes it and its not even 8pm. If it was midnight Saturday then maybe. Bad call

The right car was called the winner, the 07 was leading at the line when the caution came out ending the race but for some reason Dalton thought they raced back to the flag. My problem is Steve should have let the race run all 100 laps, its stupid to call a 10 lap to go or next flag finishes it and its not even 8pm. If it was midnight Saturday then maybe. Bad call

The broadcast isn't conclusive, looked like Dalton was making the pass before the car spun.

I'm a firm believer in, if you're that close to the line, just race back. That extra 100 feet of racing isn't a safety risk. So many issues can be avoided by just trying to finish under green.

The broadcast isn't conclusive, looked like Dalton was making the pass before the car spun.

I'm a firm believer in, if you're that close to the line, just race back. That extra 100 feet of racing isn't a safety risk. So many issues can be avoided by just trying to finish under green.
Doesnt matter, you revert back to the last lap and the 07 clearly had the lead

Doesnt matter, you revert back to the last lap and the 07 clearly had the lead

I get that's the rule, which is my gripe. I'm totally in "hate the game, not the player" mode here.

This isn't 1967. Almost every car has a GoPro, as much as tracks try to ban that. Technology exists, as much as many of the track owners (and Zacharias is excluded from this part) oppose it. Some of these track owners making the rules were around in the newspaper age and thought results in the newspaper two days later would prevent fans from coming.

Just sick of acting like it's 1984. This sport doesn't learn from past mistakes like NASCAR itself does. We went through this with the Corey Heim deal and just chose to pretend we're still in the 1980s. We just don't evolve.

I get that's the rule, which is my gripe. I'm totally in "hate the game, not the player" mode here.

This isn't 1967. Almost every car has a GoPro, as much as tracks try to ban that. Technology exists, as much as many of the track owners (and Zacharias is excluded from this part) oppose it. Some of these track owners making the rules were around in the newspaper age and thought results in the newspaper two days later would prevent fans from coming.

Just sick of acting like it's 1984. This sport doesn't learn from past mistakes like NASCAR itself does. We went through this with the Corey Heim deal and just chose to pretend we're still in the 1980s. We just don't evolve.
Steve caused this problem but cutting the race short. I like him but he messed up

Steve caused this problem but cutting the race short. I like him but he messed up
Was it Steve's call or Shayne's call?

Shayne Laws (race director) is very much by the book. (The book is outdated.)

I like both of them. There has to be some outside circumstance that caused them to feel like the show had to be done by 8pm.

Was it Steve's call or Shayne's call?

Shayne Laws (race director) is very much by the book. (The book is outdated.)

I like both of them. There has to be some outside circumstance that caused them to feel like the show had to be done by 8pm.
Steves. He said it was. I know of no reason. No curfew in that area

Junior has been a little ham-fisted tonight.

Prolly tired.

Back
Top Bottom