The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series

DaBiff1618

Team Owner
Officially announced dead at 11:15 p.m. Eastern time. Close relative Nationwide series is also in critical condition, not expected to survive.

Lowest car count since this event: http://racing-reference.info/race/1995_Subway_100/C

Not good. Time to abandon the 1.5-milers and go back to road courses and short tracks. 1/3, 1/2, 3/8, 5/8, 3/4, anything longer than 1/4 and wider than Bowman Gray, really.

The lowest car counts since the beginning of 2013:

27 - Texas (2014)
29 - Las Vegas (2013)
30 - Mosport (2013)
31 - Kansas (2014)
32 - Michigan (2013)
32 - Texas (2013)
33 - Charlotte (2014)

Six out of the seven were at 1.5-/2-mile tracks. Seems to me that teams don't have the money to keep on working on engines and aero for these places.

I'm kind of shocked that the Truck series is back to being a support race for IndyCar. I know they used to do that about 10 years ago but I thought NASCAR broke it off.

The Supertruck Series was originally designed to bridge the gap between grassroots racing and big league NASCAR racing. That gap is now gone. Need to go back to the way it was - the trucks racing at bullrings and the local heroes getting a chance to shine on a national stage. This was around the time the Busch Series was still running short tracks and the NASCAR Winter Heat Series was a thing.

Maybe NBCSN will air the K&N Series races live along with some NWAAS racing. The Trucks used to be my favorite. Not anymore.

as it was posted yesterday. when people that live close to the track and they're not aware that there's a race Friday night. sounds to me it not a priority to nascar. :idunno:

Having the Trucks AND Nationwide is almost oversaturation. It makes for a very diluted product on both fronts. Both series are having a difficult time filling a field with competitive cars/trucks, making it all the easier for Cup guys to come in and stink up the show whenever they feel like it. Last night the show was stunk up, and it didn't even require a Cup guy to do it. I simply don't think there's a need for both series anymore.

I just finished watching the K&N race at Bowman Gray...and it was the most boring race i have ever watched. They couldn't seem to go two or three laps without a caution. It was like watching paint dry. Trucks is my favorite, but when the trucks are running the Bull Rings then i will find something else to do that night.

I just finished watching the K&N race at Bowman Gray...and it was the most boring race i have ever watched. They couldn't seem to go two or three laps without a caution. It was like watching paint dry. Trucks is my favorite, but when the trucks are running the Bull Rings then i will find something else to do that night.

Well your first problem is that you watched a race at Bowman Gray Stadium. Sorry but a 1/4 mile flat track will never produce good racing. The real draw behind BGS is the drama and the wrecking. Why do you think they have monster trucks and chained car races? Why do you think they have gimmicks like Ladies Night and Kids Night? It's because they know the actual racing part is pure crap. That's why the hyped the **** out of last Saturday's Modified race with the deal between Burt Myers and Junior Miller. I bet you five bucks that tonight, the stadium will be packed because everyone wants to see what Junior Miller is going to do to get back at Burt Myers. It has nothing to do with the on track performance.

If you want a good race track to go to, I'd recommend Hickory Speedway.

I had to turn the channel after watching a little of that K&N race. That was terrible.

Just wait till Eldora. Everyone will love the trucks again. :p
Yeh for a couple of weeks then back to reality. I agree, they need to bring the trucks back to the short tracks, the local bullrings. It was great watching them beat and bang on each other when the series first started. I think that's where it belongs and it will be better for Nascar in the long run.

Franklin County Speedway, Wake County Speedway and Hickory Motor Speedway are three of the best tracks around.
Colorado National used to host the trucks too, 3/8 mile 10 degree banking, it was some great racing!

Back
Top Bottom