The NBA Finals 2012

NBA Finals 2012: Who ya got and why?

• The Miami Heat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Benevolent One

Team Owner
I think the Thunder and going to win because I think they are simply a better team for the most part. I think Scott Brooks is a much better coach than Erik Spolstra. The Spurs looked like a much better team than Miami and the Thunder just beat them 4 straight times to advance to the Finals after the Spurs had won 20 in a row.

Lebron is the best player in this series. I am a big fan of Kevin Durant, but with all due respect to him I think Lebron is a little better. Wade is really good when he is on, but he is really inconsistent and he just doesn't play very smart. He'll stand there whining about a foul call he thinks he deserved while the other team is running down to score. He also continues to shoot 3 pointers even though he is under 30% from out there. He is more concerned with being a hero than making a sound basketball play. There are times when Russell Westbrook falls into the hero trap too, which is funny because they both have better scorers to defer to.

They also don't run nearly enough offensive plays. They just simply run too much isolation. Their idea of a good offensive set is to give the ball to Lebron or Wade and everybody clear out and watch them. That is part of how they are being outcoached.

Chris Bosh, that's why the Heat will win. LeBron and Wade doesn't hurt either. GO HEAT!!!

Chris Bosh, that's why the Heat will win. LeBron and Wade doesn't hurt either. GO HEAT!!!
Bosh will be a big part of the series, as will James Harden. When it comes down to it, I think the top 3 players on each team will more or less cancel each other out, but the Thunder have a lot more depth. Guys like Ibaka, Sefalosha, Fisher, Collison, and Perkins are much better than anything Miami has to offer after their big 3.

Should be a close series I think, I don't think Lebron can carry the Heat by himself. All three of the "Big Three" will have to be consistently good for the Heat to win. I think that OKC is also better coached and has a slight edge with their bench. I'll take OKC in 6.

okc in 6. the big 3 in miami are too inconsistent. spolestra is a terrible coach. i'd fire him at the end of the season.

Well, game one went just about how I expected it to go. OKC started out kinda rusty as they had not played in 6 days. Miami played very well in the first half. They hit a lot of 3 pointers and you knew that that wouldn't continue throughout the whole game. By the second half, the Thunder shook off the rust and just pretty much ran them out of the gym. Kevin Durant just completely outplayed Lebron in the fourth quarter. It's kind of funny that I told my son a few minutes into the third quarter that I thought the Thunder would win it by 11 points. I couldn't tell you why that number was stuck in my head, but it was pretty funny that it ended up being the final result.

what the hell is wrong with wade? this is not the pre big 3 wade he used to be. all that talent and these guys can't get it together at the same time.

Game two was a pretty impressive performance by the Heat. The Thunder got off to another really bad start, like 18-2 Miami, and this time they just couldn't make up for it. It happens. Now it's a five game series with the next three in Miami. It should be fun.

Game 3 was another good game. The Heat certainly is in the driver's seat at this point. Of course, if the Thunder win the next one, then they are tied 2-2 with the last two games at home.

As usual the Refs were very one sided with their calls down in Miami, this pisses me off to no end that this actually happens in the NBA. How many times did Miami go to the line compared to OKC?

As usual the Refs were very one sided with their calls down in Miami, this pisses me off to no end that this actually happens in the NBA. How many times did Miami go to the line compared to OKC?
I've seen some horrible officiating in this years playoffs, as usual, and some pretty bad calls in this series as well. However, even as a Thunder fan, I can't say the refs were the reason they lost game 3. They didn't make their free throws and James Harden disappeared again.

That being said, officiating has been so one sided in past Finals that I've been turned off by the league entirely for quite a while. I always end up getting suckered back in, but there is still a part of me that isn't willing to really trust them again. The refs hosed the Dallas Mavericks badly in 2006 against the Heat. I think it was because the league knew that they could market a young champion Dwyane Wade a lot more than they could a 7' German NBA champion. When the Mavericks looked like they had were going to take control of that series the refs started calling fouls on anybody who was within 5 feet of Wade. That certainly not the only example. In the final game of the Utah-Chicago series ,Utah had the lead by one and Karl Malone had the ball in the low post. Someone (Jordan maybe, I don't recall completely) hacked the hell out of his arm and stole the ball while no foul was called. Jordan then went down to the other end and threw Bryon Russell to the floor and made the game winning shot at the buzzer, again with no foul called on Jordan. Basketball is my favorite sport and has been for a long time. But, the NBA has really done a number on my faith in their integrity.

I've seen some horrible officiating in this years playoffs, as usual, and some pretty bad calls in this series as well. However, even as a Thunder fan, I can't say the refs were the reason they lost game 3. They didn't make their free throws and James Harden disappeared again.

That being said, officiating has been so one sided in past Finals that I've been turned off by the league entirely for quite a while. I always end up getting suckered back in, but there is still a part of me that isn't willing to really trust them again. The refs hosed the Dallas Mavericks badly in 2006 against the Heat. I think it was because the league knew that they could market a young champion Dwyane Wade a lot more than they could a 7' German NBA champion. When the Mavericks looked like they had were going to take control of that series the refs started calling fouls on anybody who was within 5 feet of Wade. That certainly not the only example. In the final game of the Utah-Chicago series ,Utah had the lead by one and Karl Malone had the ball in the low post. Someone (Jordan maybe, I don't recall completely) hacked the hell out of his arm and stole the ball while no foul was called. Jordan then went down to the other end and threw Bryon Russell to the floor and made the game winning shot at the buzzer, again with no foul called on Jordan. Basketball is my favorite sport and has been for a long time. But, the NBA has really done a number on my faith in their integrity.

Very well said. I love basketball and the NBA...but it seems when it comes to the playoffs, the refs in certain areas are just ridiculous. I have never seen ANYWHERE with one sided officiating the way that there is in Miami these days. I am really hoping that the Thunder can even up the series tonight and send it back to OKC.

I'm sure you NBA fans are aware that no team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit to win the NBA Finals. Could this be the year? I don't think so, but I'd like to see it happen. It seemed to me that the Heat just wanted it more tonight. Props to Westbrook for his effort, but he can't carry OKC to a win by himself.

Dale Jr's still making the media rounds and was asked earlier on ESPN's PTI who he thought would win tonight. I must say, I was a little surprised on how knowledgable Dale was with the OKC/Miami matchup - didn't really picture him as a big NBA fan.
He didn't make any prediction but said he would like to see Miami take the title because he wanted to see Lebron finally get his ring before his window closes on any future opportunities.

Speaking of NASCAR and the NBA, anyone else notice the digital courtside advertisements for NASCAR on ABC/ESPN during the game? Looks like they took a cue from TNT's coverage of the NBA playoffs.
Got my attention - again.

I've really wanted to see Lebron get a ring, I just really hate Miami and the way that team was put together. But, sometimes yesterday I decided that I wanted Lebron to win the ring more than I wanted Miami to lose, so if that's what it takes I can live with it. I'm still pulling hard for OKC, but it doesn't look good.

I lost a lot of respect for Lebron when he made a reality show out of the "decision", I thought it was way over the top. Then when the big three were anounced that was way over the top too. That kind of stuff and punkish attitudes on the court don't sit well with me. Just go out and play your game, don't grantstand and people will respect you much more. OKC needs a big win obviously, they need to get some momentum back, but it's going to be a hell of an uphill battle the next game. I'd love to see it go 7 with OKC pulling it out, but don't see it happening.

I think OKC is gonna be on a mission tonight, hopefully Miami can seal the deal at home and end this as a 5 game series. I'm a little nervous but as stated before no team has come back after being down 3-1 and I believe we'll win 1 out of these 3.

My father is back in the hospital with blood clots in his legs so I called him to see how things were going. He told me to make it quick because the game would be starting soon. Damn, Thunder basketball means more to him than his own son! LOL But we are talking almost daily so I can keep up with his health. I'm not an NBA fan so I couldn't care less who wins, but I guess I'm leaning on dad's team there in Oklahoma City. But to tell me to make it quick! :einstein:

For all the haters (and there's a lot of you).....
Miami is your 2012 NBA FINALS CHAMPIONS!!!
Not even a contest, but I'm glad you guys got to enjoy game 1.....GP99 OUT!

Oh goody, the biggest ego in America got his ring. Now the media and all the bandwagon Heat fans are already filling my Facebook timeline proclaiming him the greatest athlete in the history of the world.

Oh goody, the biggest ego in America got his ring. Now the media and all the bandwagon Heat fans are already filling my Facebook timeline proclaiming him the greatest athlete in the history of the world.

Everyone will suddenly become Heat fans just like with the Patriots a few years ago.

Everyone will suddenly become Heat fans just like with the Patriots a few years ago.

They already have. I know people who were Lakers fans that suddenly became "die-hard, life long, tried and true" Heat fans when "King James" had his hour long ego-fest to announce where he was going.

206065_413242458713790_218280840_n.jpg

I'm really happy that, my hometown kid, Lebron James got his first title. That should change a lot of the criticism he receives on a regular basis. It doesn't change how dickishly he acted when he ledt Cleveland, but people make mistakes. I'd hate to be judged on my worst moments. They weren't nearly as public as his, but they were a lot worse, so I have no room to judge the guy.

Back
Top Bottom