The New Big Dawgs for 2011

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
2011 BIG DAWG CONTEST

First, make a post indicating that you are entering the contest. I will take a max of 15 players. Please do not sign up if you don't intend to be around for the season -- you may miss out on valuable bonus point questions which will occur at random intervals.

Second, pick 3 drivers for the entire year. If a driver you have picked is hurt and can't make a race, you may pick another from the appropriate list until your original driver is back in the seat. If a driver you have picked is fired or hurt and will not return for the rest of the year, you may pick another from the appropriate list.

1 driver from the top 12 of 2010
1 from 13 -- 24
1 from 25 -- 43

At randon intervals I will pick 2 other drivers that will contribute to your points. In other words, some weeks you will have 5 drivers. They will be drivers that no one has selected, but did qualify for the race.

Scoring will be the total NASCAR points for your three drivers divided by three. On the random weeks, I will add in the two random drivers scores and then divide by five.

2010 final standings

1 Jimmie Johnson
2 Denny Hamlin
3 Kevin Harvick
4 Carl Edwards
5 Matt Kenseth
6 Greg Biffle
7 Tony Stewart
8 Kyle Busch
9 Jeff Gordon
10 Clint Bowyer
11 Kurt Busch
12 Jeff Burton
13 Mark Martin
14 Jamie McMurray
15 Ryan Newman
16 Joey Logano
17 Juan Pablo Montoya
18 David Reutimann
19 A J Allmendinger
20 Kasey Kahne
21 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
22 Martin Truex Jr.
23 Paul Menard
24 David Ragan
25Brad Keselowski
26 Marcos Ambrose
27 Elliott Sadler
28 Regan Smith
29 Sam Hornish Jr.
30 Scott Speed
31 Bobby Labonte
32 David Gilliland
33 Travis Kvapil
34 Robby Gordon
35 Kevin Conway
36 Casey Mears
37 Dave Blaney
38 Joe Nemechek
39 Reed Sorenson
40 Brian Vickers
41 Bill Elliott
42 Mike Bliss
43 Max Papis

Random races will come from a variety of tracks. I will pick one from each of the following categories.

Short track - Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond
Super Speedway - California, Indy, Pocono, Michigan
Restrictor Plate - Daytona, Talladega
Road course – Sonoma, Watkins Glen
Unique – Phoenix, Darlington, Dover, New Hampshire, Homestead
Cookie Cutter –Vegas, Texas, Charlotte, Kansas, Kentucky, Atlanta, Chicago

I'm in

Harvick
Kahne
Ambrose

I was debating whether or not I would make some picks myself and decided that I should. I can't cheat. :D

My picks are
Stewart
McMurray
Ambrose

I am going with..

Denny Hamlin
Jamie McMurray
Brad Keselowski

I'm in

Jeff Gordon (of course)
McMurray
Kaselowski (even though he killed my dawg chances last year)

Harvick
Montoya
Saddler

Since I haven't been paying attention and was thinking Sadler was going to a new Sprint Cup team, I'd like to change my picks.

Harvick
Montoya
Allmendinger

Buck, if this is going to cause a problem with anyone, just take me off this year's Dawgs...

Since I haven't been paying attention and was thinking Sadler was going to a new Sprint Cup team, I'd like to change my picks.

Harvick
Montoya
Allmendinger

Buck, if this is going to cause a problem with anyone, just take me off this year's Dawgs...
Not a problem fergy.

I think I made it in under the wire, if I counted correctly?
Pick to follow...

And with John Galt joining, the Big Dawgs game is now closed to new members. Galt, hurry to make your picks.

Back
Top Bottom