The new jayski.....

I get redirected to ESPN. I think.

I dont like their layout for computers. They're designed for mobile and so when you go into the site on a computer is a jumble mess.

Yep, that's pretty much what I hoped wouldn't happen.

A landing site filled with pictures and ads. Hope I can
find my pdfs when I need to. I guess ESPN trying to get
a foot hold on any piece of the pie they can.

Thoughts?

IMO, it just turned into every other racing site that ever existed. Same place, different format. Simply lost that originality feel. Time to get used to something new..... again.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/

Jayski used to be required reading for me. Every morning, I'd check Jayski.com first thing in the morning. Kind of quit going there around 2009-2010 when Twitter became a prominent social media platform though.

I just went to jayski.com and it's still exactly the same?
Ditto. I've refreshed several times but I get the old site.
Not sure why there's a difference in your location. My bookmark that I've used for years directs me to the new site.

If you're lucky maybe things will remain the same.

Snapshot of the new version.....

Untitled.jpg

Jayski used to be required reading for me. Every morning, I'd check Jayski.com first thing in the morning. Kind of quit going there around 2009-2010 when Twitter became a prominent social media platform though.

I stopped going when they decided to not put the chassis information up. That was the only use I had for it.

Like everything else ESPN touches... It's ruined.

It's ****** on mobile, too.

I stopped going when they decided to not put the chassis information up. That was the only use I had for it.
I think less and less teams were providing that info. It does suck. I always found that info interesting. I liked knowing the history of the car.

I get redirected to ESPN. I think.

I dont like their layout for computers. They're designed for mobile and so when you go into the site on a computer is a jumble mess.

Most websites are designed for mobile. Most web browsing is done on mobile devices now.

I actually work very hard at trying to make sites look good for desktop and mobile, but it's a challenge. The new race22 site and Southern National's new site are probably the best ones I've done in terms of that. They load quick and look good on both.

I think less and less teams were providing that info. It does suck. I always found that info interesting. I liked knowing the history of the car.

Same.

Kind of gave you an idea if the car was going to be a threat.

NBC has such good coverage on their NASCAR Talk site, between it, NASCAR.com, and Speed51 (as well as the sites I'm affiliated with, Race22 and Popular Speed), I don't visit too many other racing sites anymore. And I only go to NASCAR.com for schedules and TV info.

Social media has rendered most news and sports websites obsolete. Unless you're looking to sit down and read an article, which fortunately for me, a lot of people still do.

I can't think of the last time I've gone to Jayski.

Not sure why there's a difference in your location. My bookmark that I've used for years directs me to the new site.

I see what's going on. My bookmark points directly to the Cup page, not the top level Jayski page.

I see the new site now. I'll take a look around.

DNS and stuff. I know with CenturyLink, it was a full day sometimes before a website change showed up. Fortunately, I always have an AT&T hotspot to work on things when it's one of my sites.

Except for right now and ****** Centurylink not ****** offering ****** DSL service at my ****** house. But I ain't mad.

I've gone to Jayski almost every day for the past 20 years. It was such a great source for all NASCAR news. Looks like that's now history. RIP Jayski. ESPN can go fly a kite
From what I can see, all the information is still there. Simply jayski with makeup. In a whorish sense for lack of a better description.

For me it is Reddit. I can go on r/nascar and get everything from Facebook, Twitter, TV all on one site. Plus easily formatted discussions on the topics.

Clicked on the New site and then clicked on Jayski and bingo bango all info right there. EZ PEEZEE.

Once into the Jayski site looks pretty much the same way to me.

From what I can see, all the information is still there. Simply jayski with makeup. In a whorish sense for lack of a better description.
The only thing I see missing is the traditional 'Countdown to Next Race' timer. Top row bar is still there. I'd prefer having the full content instead of headlines and links, but I can live with it.

At least, that's my initial reaction.

Thoughts?

IMO, it just turned into every other racing site that ever existed. Same place, different format. Simply lost that originality feel. Time to get used to something new..... again.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/
Boy you were on top of that. I read the old format just this morning. And as you say it's lost originality to being a clone.

This is pretty awful. The simple and uncluttered look of the old Jayski was much better. Who cares if it was outdated. Looks like all of the archived stuff is gone as well.

If you're still seeing the old site, it may be a cookies or temp files issue.

Not sure why the change unless ESPN has deemed the old site obsolete since most everything that's been on the site is on social media at the same time. I couldn't tell you I went to his site for any new information or breaking news.

I like the old site style: quick loading and full of information. No autoplay videos blaring out of the speakers, no obnoxious pop ups, basically none of the stuff I hate about other sports sites.

Jayski's Race Pages are nowhere to be found.

Very disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom